Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
Keen!! Updated first post!
BY codedog
Count me in! I will have the Breedlove, and maybe a Walden classical as well if anyone is at all interested. Both are ex-Oleg, all solid guitars. If I still have the Larrivee D-03WL at that stage, which is likely, I will bring that along too.
BY kdawg2a
sty wrote:OK people,

All still good for a day out in Darfield on Saturday 30th March if there's enough people interested.

Who's coming??

I'll be there. Bringing 3-4 guitars depending on a TM sale!
BY sty
Time to be agreed by all those attending as to what best suits.

You can do any time at all, from 10am till late. We're in an outside building with good insulation/sound containment so noise won't be an issue for the rest of the residents (it's acoustic anyway). There's even an acoustic drum kit in there...
BY Reg18
I’ve got a very old $100 acoustic which hasn’t been played in about a year, might sit this gearfest out lads! Might come out to say hi though depending on family commitments.
BY Slowy
Reg18 wrote:I’ve got a very old $100 acoustic which hasn’t been played in about a year, might sit this gearfest out lads! Might come out to say hi though depending on family commitments.

I have some recordings here done a while ago by a mate. The acoustic was a no name old jap classical, strung with steel 9's. There was no bridge so he stuck a pencil under the strings.

And it sounds excellent.

What's your excuse?

:D
Slowy wrote:
Reg18 wrote:I’ve got a very old $100 acoustic which hasn’t been played in about a year, might sit this gearfest out lads! Might come out to say hi though depending on family commitments.

I have some recordings here done a while ago by a mate. The acoustic was a no name old jap classical, strung with steel 9's. There was no bridge so he stuck a pencil under the strings.

And it sounds excellent.

What's your excuse?

Slowy, I really think we need a road trip to attend this event 8)
BY jeremyb

I've got a really basic chinese parlour guitar, just come along for the lols and some beers!
BY jeremyb
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Slowy wrote:

And it sounds excellent.

What's your excuse?

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
BY kdawg2a
jeremyb wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Slowy wrote:I have some recordings here done a while ago by a mate. The acoustic was a no name old jap classical, strung with steel 9's. There was no bridge so he stuck a pencil under the strings.

And it sounds excellent.

What's your excuse?

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I concour.
BY Reg18
Slowy wrote:

And it sounds excellent.

What's your excuse?

My excuse? When I learnt my first 4 chords on a guitar at 15 I went straight into Cash Converters and bought and Elec guitar and skipped the whole acoustic thing.......my passion for elec hadn’t wavered but my lack of enthusiasm for acoustic hasn’t either.
BY codedog
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Slowy wrote:

And it sounds excellent.

What's your excuse?

With a selection of your best acoustics along, I hope?