Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Terexgeek
Molly wrote:I suppose it'll be where it'll be.

I should've bought that house with the fucking barn.

I think the correct agricultural term is "insemination facility".
BY chur
Molly wrote:Not that we're spoiled for venues but if we do have a choice can it be nearer the south? Can be a right mission getting across to Brighton on top of the 100k from Methven.

In fact, I vote we do it at Chur's house in Rolleston!

:crazy: we could all use load boxes and IR's and stand in a circle with headphones on :wink:
BY chur

Old band shed was a barn in Templeton, unfortunately now gone.
First thing we did each practice was have the bass player bang some loud low notes out and watch the mo fo rats run for their lives. Fun times.
Downside was sheep shit from your shoes in ya pedalboard. Dogs wouldnt leave it alone when I got home.
BY Molly
chur wrote:

Old band shed was a barn in Templeton, unfortunately now gone.
First thing we did each practice was have the bass player bang some loud low notes out and watch the mo fo rats run for their lives. Fun times.
Downside was sheep shit from your shoes in ya pedalboard. Dogs wouldnt leave it alone when I got home.

I've a distant memory of a mouse running out of a bass drum. The kit was left set up so the mouse obviously thought the blankets would make for a nice, cozy home.
BY jeremyb
chur wrote:
Molly wrote:Not that we're spoiled for venues but if we do have a choice can it be nearer the south? Can be a right mission getting across to Brighton on top of the 100k from Methven.

In fact, I vote we do it at Chur's house in Rolleston!

:crazy: we could all use load boxes and IR's and stand in a circle with headphones on :wink:

We tried a band practice like that once, was horrible, need to feel the music!!!
BY Danger Mouse
willow13 wrote:what the fuck is a gearfest :?:

:rofl:

It's where a bunch of 40-something and up beer bellies and bald spots gather to play very loudly through expensive and often boutique equipment, as a way of convincing themselves that although the dreams of rock god stardom they held as a younger versions of themselves has long since faded into the realities of being middle-aged, doing this allows them to desperately hold on to the idea they are still just a little bit cool.

Well that's why I turn up to them anyway.
BY jeremyb
Danger Mouse wrote:

It's where a bunch of 40-something and up beer bellies and bald spots gather to play very loudly through expensive and often boutique equipment, as a way of convincing themselves that although the dreams of rock god stardom they held as a younger versions of themselves has long since faded into the realities of being middle-aged, doing this allows them to desperately hold on to the idea they are still just a little bit cool.

LOL I think you missed Daves sarcasm on that one Tyrone!
BY Molly
Danger Mouse wrote:

Well, that completely nails me. LOL.
BY jeremyb
Conway wrote:Note: Some of us are well past the 40-something...

1940s something?
BY Conway
jeremyb wrote:
Conway wrote:Note: Some of us are well past the 40-something...

1940s something?

Careful young whipper snapper, I'll hit you with my walking stick!
BY Danger Mouse
jeremyb wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:

LOL I think you missed Daves sarcasm on that one Tyrone!

Nah I got that, I just repurposed it for my own post :D