Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY foal30
jeremyb wrote:
codedog wrote:I'm coming along just to watch... no gear of note to bring along...

*cough* looks at avatar. Let alone some of your other gear!!

Tacklefest is a week later bro
BY foal30
olegmcnoleg wrote:
codedog wrote:I'm coming along just to watch... no gear of note to bring along...

I don't blame ya. I brought along a really nice Taylor acoustic to a Gearfest in Auckland and BG wanted to use it to start a bonfire. There was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY anyone could have heard it anyway.

We have a disclipined, inclusive and cohesive team here in Chch

We even exercise tolerance with Ovations and Steinbergers.
BY codedog
Ok, since we tolerate non-rock/doom gear I will look at bringing the hippie Princeton-ish amp and my meagre pedal board. Guitars wise the only things I have worth bringing to a gearfest are probably the SSL1+5 Strat and PRS S2. If I really pull all my fingers out I may get around to assembling that Surfybear kit.

As to playing in public? Yeh naaaah... have only ever done that 3 times in my entire life, at the high risk of sphincter implosion. Unlikely to happen again in a huge rush.

Definitely no tackle in public, no matter what the venue was once...
Last edited by codedog on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY codedog
calling card wrote:Aw not even to sing a song...

You don't know me, bro... otherwise you would not have suggested that. Then again, people do pay for all kinds of punishment...
BY Terexgeek
codedog wrote:
calling card wrote:Aw not even to sing a song...

You don't know me, bro... otherwise you would not have suggested that. Then again, people do pay for all kinds of punishment...

Especially at a kinky sex club.
BY foal30
In :

TG
Reg
Kdagwa
Code dog
JB
John
Mule

Unknown:

Kris
Mattalica
Michael
Molly
NZRS Dave
Sopracharger

People I have forgotten since I started typing this post:

?

May have the guitar guy from Music Works attending.

Now who has singing chops :o
Last edited by foal30 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
kdawg2a wrote:I'm an amazing singer.......... :shifty:

We have a vict...volunteer! YAY!

Are you happy with "Last Dance (with Mary Jane)"? Anything else you feel an urge to wrap your tonsils around?

Any requests for songs to play? It's a gearfest so the ubiquitous Bluesinay may show up, but if we get enough requests we may avoid it and it's cousin Bluesinee.

We have a drummer as well as a bassist so let the good times roll!