Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: Tron VI - Gearfest 12th May 2012

Post by matman »

higainer wrote:That thing will KILL thru a Greenback loaded cab :twisted:
Ryan was testing it through a 4x12 with V30s and it sounded gooooo-oooooood! :thumbup: :clap:

Very keen try it through a few different cabs at the next Tronfest
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

I'll have a listen to the clip when I get home, although not strictly necessary after playing my BC Rich through it... fark I loved it, so much clarity, definition and punch, in fact I'm still waffling on about it to other guitar players at work... it is a thing of sonic beauty!
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

Sounds great with a G12H too - a lot of the early testing and voicing was done using a G12H.
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Danger Mouse wrote:I'll have a listen to the clip when I get home, although not strictly necessary after playing my BC Rich through it... fark I loved it, so much clarity, definition and punch, in fact I'm still waffling on about it to other guitar players at work... it is a thing of sonic beauty!
I have already started putting aside money with the view to getting one made...now I just have to resist spending that money on guitars and other gas

have sent matman/hamo all the other video's (5 in total) so will let them post them here........the camera freaks out a few times just because it couldn't handle the awesomeness of the ryanmat
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

willow13 wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:I'll have a listen to the clip when I get home, although not strictly necessary after playing my BC Rich through it... fark I loved it, so much clarity, definition and punch, in fact I'm still waffling on about it to other guitar players at work... it is a thing of sonic beauty!
I have already started putting aside money with the view to getting one made...now I just have to resist spending that money on guitars and other gas

have sent matman/hamo all the other video's (5 in total) so will let them post them here........the camera freaks out a few times just because it couldn't handle the awesomeness of the ryanmat
Yeah if I wasn't getting married this year and spending all my spare cash on that, I would have asked Ryan there and then to make me one. However, as I loved it that much, I get the strangest feeling I'll be knocking on Ryan's door sometime next year with a fist full of cash... 8)

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB0hzxG4es4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO837r55CF8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThdzuIOQe5M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nta4iDAbzQU

Thanks Willow!
Here are the links guys - enjoy! I'm guessing they show Ryan's explanation/demo of some of the different clipping options and also him showing how the lower gain input sounds (Unfortunately I can't watch any of them until I get home cos youtube is blocked at work) :( :(

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Danger Mouse wrote:Yeah if I wasn't getting married this year and spending all my spare cash on that, I would have asked Ryan there and then to make me one. However, as I loved it that much, I get the strangest feeling I'll be knocking on Ryan's door sometime next year with a fist full of cash... 8)
Wedding Register at CAB = problem solved. :mrgreen:
matman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB0hzxG4es4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO837r55CF8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThdzuIOQe5M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nta4iDAbzQU

Thanks Willow!
Here are the links guys - enjoy! I'm guessing they show Ryan's explanation/demo of some of the different clipping options and also him showing how the lower gain input sounds (Unfortunately I can't watch any of them until I get home cos youtube is blocked at work) :( :(
Not at my work it ain't! Boom! Tasty, tasty amp (and nice chops from Ryan and DM) make me into a spewing raving GAS volcano. :crazy:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

hamo wrote:Tasty, tasty amp (and nice chops from Ryan and DM) make me into a spewing raving GAS volcano. :crazy:
and to make it worse the sound in the videos is crap compared to how it actually sounds
:twisted:

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

slowfingers wrote:
willow13 wrote:
BG wrote:Yet another awesome gearfest missed... No Darcy?
darcy turned up late, some one will have a photo of him some where :lol:
Darcy and Grant stole the show with some tasty guitar duellin. There's pics and possibly audio too.
slowfingers wrote:
Darcy Perry.JPG
Darcy Perry with that 335

I turned up early to drop off drinks and ice with chilly bin. Then turned up again just after the "best blues jam ever" to play around on the cool gear of other forum members. Yes, I missed most of the fun due to the kids sporting commitments. Due to the crazy nature of the day, I almost forgot I was there... but I guess that photo is proof? :shock:

Thank you Grant for your usual awesomeness. 8)

It was great to catch up with some familiar faces and jam on one of Ryan's 5e3 builds with that 335. Apity I couldn't make the after drinks at the CnB. Perhaps next time.

Also, I have a flash venue lined-up in Tamahere, just off State Highway 1.
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

DarcyPerry wrote:....Then turned up again just after the "best blues jam ever"
You must have had a crazy day. The "best blues jam ever" I helped the Capt. record featured you front & centre; showing us plebs how things should be done. 8) :clap:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

DarcyPerry wrote:Also, I have a flash venue lined-up in Tamahere, just off State Highway 1.
john or david :?: ....just asking because i'm part swedish ....... ok i'm not part swedish :crazy: :angel:

higainer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by higainer »

willow13 wrote:and to make it worse the sound in the videos is crap compared to how it actually sounds
Its still sounded cool, the poor ole camera mic didn't stand a chance when the vol goes up tho :lol: :lol:
You can gauge that it has a rawness & grind thats great for rhythms, particularly when Ryan busted out the acca dacca.

Hey DM, did I catch the start of the Crue's On with the show 1:40? 8)

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

higainer wrote:
willow13 wrote:and to make it worse the sound in the videos is crap compared to how it actually sounds
Its still sounded cool, the poor ole camera mic didn't stand a chance when the vol goes up tho :lol: :lol:
You can gauge that it has a rawness & grind thats great for rhythms, particularly when Ryan busted out the acca dacca.
Ryan was playing the Acca Dacca stuff through the lower gain input. Plugging into that takes out the 3rd gain stage which leaves what is essentially a marshall plexi circuit (great for 70s rawk and also cleans up quite nicely). The 3rd gain stage is what takes it into that hot rodded JCM800 territory.(At least that's how Ryan explained it to me cos I'm a complete moron when it comes to this stuff!)

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

higainer wrote:
Hey DM, did I catch the start of the Crue's On with the show 1:40? 8)
Nah just some stuff I made up when trying to come up with some generic hair metal palm muted triad licks... so not entirely surprising if it sounds like Crue or similar.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

willow13 wrote:
DarcyPerry wrote:Also, I have a flash venue lined-up in Tamahere, just off State Highway 1.
john or david :?: ....just asking because i'm part swedish ....... ok i'm not part swedish :crazy: :angel:
I heard this story on the radio, make of it what you will:

So this guy's starting his first week of being a prison officer in Auckland, and they're encouraged to start building a bit of a raaport with the inmates, make it a bit easier to deal with them. He's walking through the prison kitchen chatting to the inmates, and he comes up to a guy chopping up vegetables. "You cutting up some swedes mate", says he. Stony silence from the inmate. Apparently it was David Tamahere.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster