Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: TronFest Q2 2011

Post by Tonemaker »

willow13 wrote:
rocklander wrote:Image
we were here.....

higainer took some pic's of the Mak4 ............ it was AWESOME

Thanks to grant for another cool fest....my GAS list just gets bigger after every one of them :roll:

What cab were you using with your amp? I would have like to heard that as well :)
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Thanks to everyone for supporting another Tronfest.

We were spoilt for gear once again...and I was thinking later that only a few of us are actually from Hamilton. We have people from rural Waikato, Rotorua, Auckland and Tauranga to name a few places.

I found this fest a true tonal experience and I had some great fun with the following:

- Matts JTM - awesome Marshall old school tones.
- Ops Guys Swart - I've been waiting a long time to play that and it did not dissapoint. This is an amp requires no special attention to get amazing tones from. Truly pick it up and go!
- Ben's lesley/vibrato pedal (what was the name) was fantastic. As was the Greenstone.
- Rocky's Jansen was the first I've played that was designed for guitar. And wow - rip your head off volume and a very useabel platform.
-

Woops....more to come incl gear photos...have got a kid attack going on.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

We raised $62 (after costs) for the forum (BG, check your Swiss bank account later today).

Thanks to everyone for your support so that we could do this - a few of you particularly so. Your generosity is extraordinary.

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

A wonderful afternoon. I had a good time seeing old friends and making new ones. Thanks Grant. Loved that Big Muff, Sandy!
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

*UNIQUE* wrote:and I was thinking later that only a few of us are actually from Hamilton. We have people from rural Waikato, Rotorua, Auckland and Tauranga to name a few places.
that's what struck me when I was driving home, if adrian and BG had come it would have almost been an auckfest with guests :lol: :lol:

Good to see matman sneak out on his wedding anni....well done that man
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

here's a small video of the jam

http://img847.imageshack.us/i/xfs.mp4/

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Awesome day all round! So much amazing gear and barely enough time to fondle it all!

Managed to have a quick blat through almost everything there under 50watts- wish I'd had a go through one of the Marshalls though.

Rocklander's Jansen hot-rod looks even more awesomerer in the flesh. Shame he had to kill Kermit to cover it but he didn't die in vain.

UNIQUE's kit is all staggeringly good. The white SG is a particularly stunning axe- light, resonant and stonkingly great sounding and the natural 335 is choice! I love the huge neck on it. His JMI is the first AC30 that I've played through that I've really "got" great tones at comfortable volumes as well as ball shakingly loud. The 65amps London Pro was very cool too. It has a great range of tones for such a simple control set. I'd definitely be into one of those as a combo at some point. Had a brief bit of alone time with the Tupelo cranked and once again it didn't fail to deliver.

Opsguy's goldtop LP duo and Swart were another highlight. Didn't play the LPs but that Swart is one killer rig! It seemed to be pretty much impossible to get a bad sound out of it and the Tremolo in particular had my mouth watering.

Ryan had a really cool selection of amps in the back room ranging from a tiny (3watts?) blackface-ish voiced mite to a low power Tweed Twin along with a Tweed Tremolux-ish beasty in surf green that has my name on it. The little low-watter was a really interesting wee amp- lovely cleans that you just don't get from anything else I've heard (apart from something like a Greenstone or Swart and even then this really had a voice of its own). The Tweed Twin was an odd sort but in a fecking cool way and I couldn't get enough of the surf green thing.

Had some great jams with various peeps, ate sausages, talked bollocks and had a generally awesome time as usual! Thanks again everyone who turned up for making it such a cool day!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

:shock: apart from the severe lack of line6 gear, omfg!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

So what, $50k to $100k in one room?

Good to hear you all had a blast.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

alanp wrote:So what, $50k to $100k in one room?

And the rest!! $bling
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by willow13 »

jeremyb wrote::shock: apart from the severe lack of line6 gear, omfg!
I had a kidney in the high gain room which sounded great until all the real amps showed up then it got turned off :lol: :lol:
Tonemaker wrote:What cab were you using with your amp? I would have like to heard that as well :)
mine was just a 1 x 12 with a crappy sheffield speaker...nothing special at all, hopefully by the next one i'll have a much better bottom (IB.....)

I was loving the marshall/bogner and then higainer turned the mako on :shock: .....game over :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ........... :twisted:

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

jeremyb wrote:
alanp wrote:So what, $50k to $100k in one room?

And the rest!! $bling
willow13 wrote:I had a kidney in the high gain room
no limbs, just straight for the organs huh?

looks like some damn nice gear there, that Mako looks a beast, never heard of them before... *off to google....
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

There's a shit-ton of awesome in this thread. 8)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Augh! Les Paul Gold Top with minibuckers! Who's is that one? That one is absolutely on my bucket list! (guitars I have to own before I die). Always wanted a Gold Top with mini buckers. Also, is that a Cuba Street Amp Co Amp I see? Wow, a rare beast indeed.

Lots of amazing looking gear there.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Right, that's a whole day of kids attack done.

Sandys Marshall won volume of the day award (although the "room of doom" had the walls shaking). I must say, he did warn me, but I had to try it. Where the JTM started to bottom out, that thing was just warming up. It was the loudest thing I have ever played. Gut throbbing, sphincter pulsing, heart palpitating volume...maybe he needs "power scaling"....BG?

Another thing that struck me - amp builders. repairers, guru's in NZ...we seem to have some very good representation on this front. Which of course is a good thing, and I'm thankful for it. Nice to see John Gilmore pop in and say hi.

CJ's Cuba St amp never fails the test in my view. I had the 335 out right at the end while everything was being packed up and was wandering around looking for some final inspiration. And that amp has it! Man, break up at all the right spots....good definition on the 335 too between pickups. That really is a winner amp.

Things I didn't play but wanted to were; the Scumback speakers that HiGainer had; Ryans brown thingy; Sandy's Custom (but I've had her before, so it would have been familiar, if not uncomfortable); willow13's Strat; the clone chorus from rocky...again, tried before but need to seperate from the rocky "hive" board and try it straight in something.

Thanks CJ for always pulling out the bass when an impromptu jam breaks out...a room of guitarists and one bass player.

Lost property - I have a lead, freedom music one. Left at the venue. PM me...it's nice, so be quick :wink:

Ash, no pressure man....but got an ETA on that Tele? :) :lol:
mr_sooty wrote:Augh! Les Paul Gold Top with minibuckers! Who's is that one? That one is absolutely on my bucket list! (guitars I have to own before I die). Always wanted a Gold Top with mini buckers. Also, is that a Cuba Street Amp Co Amp I see? Wow, a rare beast indeed.

Lots of amazing looking gear there.
That's my '74/'75 - I need to play that thing more often. It honks!

Again, thanks all for makign the effort! Finally I want to thank Darcy - one, for kicking this off originally, and two, for maybe covering the organisation element for the next few rounds...*tag*...