Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

Pakehendrix wrote:Absolutely gutted I can't be there. I can't walk :cry:

hammered at 3pm? you'll put BG out of a job!
Someone should be cooking pikelets on the bbq for all the pikers :mrgreen:
jeremyb wrote:Someone should be cooking pikelets on the bbq for all the pikers :mrgreen:

We'd have needed a lot of pikelets...

I just got back. Not a huge turnout but there was some cool shit there. Ash had a stack of very tasty guitars and nzsimon brought along most of the Egnater range. In the loud room there was an abundance of 100watt half stacks and I discovered that 2x VHTs = f*cking loud.

The Egnater amps seemed really cool, particularly the Tweaker. I had a good fang on that and the Rebel 30 1x12 combo and quite liked them both. The reverb on the Rebel 30 was lovely but having the control at the back of the amp was a PITA. I'd be interested to try the Tweaker again some time in a different environment but it seems like a really good amp for the $$.
benderissimo wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Someone should be cooking pikelets on the bbq for all the pikers :mrgreen:

We'd have needed a lot of pikelets...

I just got back. Not a huge turnout but there was some cool shit there. Ash had a stack of very tasty guitars and nzsimon brought along most of the Egnater range. In the loud room there was an abundance of 100watt half stacks and I discovered that 2x VHTs = f*cking loud.

The Egnater amps seemed really cool, particularly the Tweaker. I had a good fang on that and the Rebel 30 1x12 combo and quite liked them both. The reverb on the Rebel 30 was lovely but having the control at the back of the amp was a PITA. I'd be interested to try the Tweaker again some time in a different environment but it seems like a really good amp for the $$.

yeah the tweaker was great little thing and a reasonable price.
I was wondering why everone was playing around with back of the rebel. god brian was on Sunday mode
Jenesis wrote:
3Cords wrote:god brian

Tamaki?

He's in Insurance you know.
My sarcasm doesn't come cheap.

Waiting for tasty gearfest pics. Did Adrian take the technicoloured dreamgat?
yep I'm not know for my spelling, good looks or personality, so perfect insurance person.
I blame it on work all day Saturday thanks to the Christchurch thing

Yep Ash had the good selection of gear there
BY stuu
Impressive selection in the "high-gain" room.

...Definately blew any residual dust & cobwebs of my dual rec. Now mith merr MMMMmmmmMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

Should have tried out Darkeness's Valve king on a couple of other cabs, but far too lazy and the cab it was plugged into was no slouch anywho.

Red Donnie FTW.
BY ash
benderissimo wrote:The Egnater amps seemed really cool, particularly the Tweaker. I had a good fang on that and the Rebel 30 1x12 combo and quite liked them both. The reverb on the Rebel 30 was lovely but having the control at the back of the amp was a PITA. I'd be interested to try the Tweaker again some time in a different environment but it seems like a really good amp for the $$.

Yeah, the Tweaker is amazing. I must try one with a pedal or two and see what that does to it.
I should have had a crack on the Rebel 20 or 30 to see how they compare.
BY mop
stuu wrote:Impressive selection in the "high-gain" room.

...Definately blew any residual dust & cobwebs of my dual rec. Now mith merr MMMMmmmmMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

Those VHTs sounded pretty huge!

I especially liked one of ash's customs, I think it was a safon? Never tried a scalloped fretboard before, I'm too hamfisted for one I think. Still, very nice guitar that

jeremyb wrote:Need moar pics!!!! Well some even au!

Can't say I noticed any cameras out :lol:
I was pretty late though so that probably happened before I got there (BG was leaving as I was setting up).