Chocolate Jesus

Wear your heart on your sleeve with pride! A plethora of jams and collobarations and stuff...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Chocolate Jesus

Post by Bg »

No offense....
One of my favourite Tom Waits songs, out of the many :) Both resos were not harmed in this recording, stompbox and bass are in there too... all me of course. Dodgy blues rhythming provided late last night courtesy of Saints Sav Blanc ;)

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Chocolate Jesus

Post by alanp »

Quite listenable, but it sounds very 'busy', with all the instruments going. Probably just me and my tin ears.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Now I know why you keep your name private... You're Tom Waits! :shock:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by telefiend »

Great as always. Uncannily Waits-like. Think I'll give Mule Variations a spin tonight 8)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I need to open that malt and ill be there ;) maybe you need to come round for a jam Slowy ;)

Cheers telo, it's a cracker of a song and I'm planning on doing two or three more yet good to know you like :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

alanp wrote:Quite listenable, but it sounds very 'busy', with all the instruments going. Probably just me and my tin ears.
Fair comment, I wanted o do something a bit more on this one, I'm going to do this live so it will be very much stripped back. But on this I wanted some very dodgy timing issues, recorded drunk, uninhibited vocals, recorded drunk, and at least two rambling lead lines. I recorded 4 other tracks which I ended up deleting. I had a firm idea for this, I pretty much hit it :) I'm not very good at mixing/mastering so it probably sounds muddled - I'm sure blacko will sort out in production ;)

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

Great! Needs a rooster crowing and cartwheel rim percussion.

Getting my banjo out now...Cold Water maybe.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I was going to go with dog howling and maybe a cow....