All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

twangnsnarl wrote:Bridge is round the wrong way though, innit? Not a major, but it's easier to adjust the intonation screws if they're pointing at the tailpiece.

Good catch, looks like I put it back on the wrong way after the last string change
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
twangnsnarl wrote:Bridge is round the wrong way though, innit? Not a major, but it's easier to adjust the intonation screws if they're pointing at the tailpiece.

Good catch, looks like I put it back on the wrong way after the last string change

Older style ABR style bridges (like your one) normally have the screws facing the neck, Nashville bridges (like on modern Gibsons) are the ones that have screws facing the tailpiece.
Lyle wrote:Older style ABR style bridges (like your one) normally have the screws facing the neck, Nashville bridges (like on modern Gibsons) are the ones that have screws facing the tailpiece.

Really? I didn’t know that, thought the screws were meant to face the tailpiece regardless. Might just leave it as it is then seeing as the intonation is spot on
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

That would have helped the intonation no end! ;)
Lyle wrote:Older style ABR style bridges (like your one) normally have the screws facing the neck, Nashville bridges (like on modern Gibsons) are the ones that have screws facing the tailpiece.

Came across that photo this morning, thought I'd post it here as it seems to support your statement. Do you know what the reasoning is for having the two common LP bridges facing different directions?
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

Came across that photo this morning, thought I'd post it here as it seems to support your statement. Do you know what the reasoning is for having the two common LP bridges facing different directions?

Im not sure, possibly because the ABR has larger screws so needs to face the neck so they don't hit the strings. To confuse things further guitars with factory vibrato tail pieces have the ABR flipping around the other way.