The nightmare is over!! CITES to exempt musical instruments from rosewood ban

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Re: The nightmare is over!! CITES to exempt musical instruments from rosewood ban

Post by hamo »

vyfster wrote:I hope it will be effective immediately! Wife is travelling to the US of A on Sunday.
Mine goes on Saturday, but she won't be bringing me back a guitar... :thumbdown:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Re: The nightmare is over!! CITES to exempt musical instruments from rosewood ban

Post by Conway »

You've always been allowed to carry them in person, so that's not an issue. I have been stuffed around buying guitars from offshore and having them shipped due to CITES.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

hamo wrote:
vyfster wrote:I hope it will be effective immediately! Wife is travelling to the US of A on Sunday.
Mine goes on Saturday, but she won't be bringing me back a guitar... :thumbdown:

Yeah but party in your pants while she's away!!!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote:
hamo wrote:

Yeah but party in your pants while she's away!!!
True, it's long past due for my head to get a workout, it's just been gathering dust. Might play some guitar too...
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

Conway wrote:You've always been allowed to carry them in person, so that's not an issue.
Technically not true. The CITES rosewood ban applied also to personal instruments being carried. It seems that NZ Customs took a fairly lax view to it (good on them!) so I didn't hear of many problems in NZ....however there have been PLENTY of problems overseas with orchestra and band members in other countries having massive customs issues due to not carrying CITES documentation for the instruments they were travelling with.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I've a guidance document for the European Union which outlines how CITES should be interpreted with regard to accompanied rosewood. Feel sure it states that you're ok up to 10kg.

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/cites/p ... _clean.pdf

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 378 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Tempted to order solid Rosewood boatnecks for my Strat and Tele now :crazy:
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Dharmajester wrote:Tempted to order solid Rosewood boatnecks for my Strat and Tele now :crazy:
You leave that Strat alone! It's still not off my radar. Just need some, you know, money that coincides with it being for sale.