NGD • Tokai LS135Q

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: NGD • Tokai LS135Q

Post by KNNZ »

I think there was a Show us your quilt thread...

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

KNNZ wrote:I think there was a Show us your quilt thread...
:-)

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

looks like a pillow
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I’ll post my thoughts on it soon, spent some quality time with it this afternoon along with the Strymon Volante. In a nutshell it’s harmonically rich and has great sustain; may be something to do with the nitro finish(?) but it’s also acoustically extremely resonant. Neck is a little less chunky than the ‘14 Gibson LP Trad but not by much. Fun times

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Quick couple of photos taken in low light - I'll take a few more when the sun's out :thumbup:
Thanks muchly to Danny aka codedog for the reflector knobs, will drop the other lot back to you next week. Took these photos this afternoon, first one was taken just as the sun was moving round

I have always liked to give my guitars a name, finally settled on Katsai for this one

Reason being is there's a marking up by the neck that kinda looks a bit like a cats eye, and when you move the guitar in the light the 'eye' moves :clap:

OhFuxk
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by OhFuxk »

you make me missed my Japanese Tokai which i sold to Chch last year, i knew i will regret it....

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Oh mannnn.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1339 times
Been liked: 2075 times

Post by GrantB »

Nice quame!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

OhFuxk wrote:you make me missed my Japanese Tokai which i sold to Chch last year, i knew i will regret it....
Buy another one ;-)

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

A couple more geek-tweaks including a new trussrod cover...

I gave the pickup selector knob a bit of a sanding to take the gloss of it. Did the same to the poker chip and took the gold lettering back a touch

Happy with everything else, to me it looks the part with the genuine old Gibson nickel covers and the aged bridge, tailpiece and studs. Surprised that in the space of only a month or so the area between the pickups is already starting to show minor signs of play wear :wtf:

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1057 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

I thought you were selling it? Did the mojo overcome you?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1413 times

Post by robthemac »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Surprised that in the space of only a month or so the area between the pickups is already starting to show minor signs of play wear]
I love the look of genuine play wear on LPs. Deliberate relicing usually looks rubbish, but the real thing just adds so much for me.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

NippleWrestler wrote:I thought you were selling it? Did the mojo overcome you?
Holding onto it, for now at least. Would have had to sell this, my Strymon Volante and my Boss MD-500 just to chase one guitar which likely wouldn't have sounded any better than this one. Kinda stupid really huh

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

robthemac wrote:I love the look of genuine play wear on LPs. Deliberate relicing usually looks rubbish, but the real thing just adds so much for me.
It's probably happening faster because I play with a 50c coin instead of a pick. Same kind of indent marks are on the LP you got from me, just that your one has a gloss finish versus the fairly thin nitro that's on this one

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1302 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

You can throw that on my bed!
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe