All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY Slowy
#831516
robthemac wrote:The one from my collection that I think I would struggle most to part with is this:

It's a Taylor custom shop ('Built To Order') that I had made as a graduation present to myself.

That is truly gorgeous. I wasn't playing for exclusiveness points but you win anyway. :D
User avatar
BY jvpp
#831560
Slowy wrote:
robthemac wrote:The one from my collection that I think I would struggle most to part with is this:

It's a Taylor custom shop ('Built To Order') that I had made as a graduation present to myself.

That is truly gorgeous. I wasn't playing for exclusiveness points but you win anyway. :D


That is a beauty indeed. I hope you graduated with honours...
Where ever you are, that is worth an acoustic gearfest on its own.
User avatar
BY robthemac
#831576
jvpp wrote:
That is a beauty indeed. I hope you graduated with honours...
Where ever you are, that is worth an acoustic gearfest on its own.


Nowhere close to honours. Spent my whole final year designing the guitar :D
User avatar
BY BMW-KTM
#832281
If there can be only one then this is it.
You won't find another like it.

Image
User avatar
BY Slowy
#832295
BMW-KTM wrote:If there can be only one then this is it.
You won't find another like it.

Image

Impressive!
And a name that gives you All Access to the Petrol Head Thread.
Welcome!
User avatar
BY KNNZ
#832326
Slowy wrote:
BMW-KTM wrote:If there can be only one then this is it.
You won't find another like it.

Image

Impressive!
And a name that gives you All Access to the Petrol Head Thread.
Welcome!


looks great! where can I get those knobs? much want!
User avatar
BY BMW-KTM
#832331
For those that asked, the guitar is a Partsocaster.
Neck from the Stratosphere on eBay - 2004 American Deluxe with Schaller lockers.
Body is Warmoth, chambered, bound, Swamp Ash with Cocobolo top, clear finish.
Yes it has squared off corners like an Aerodyne.
American Deluxe bridge with Callaham block.
Dimarzio Super Distortion bridge, Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell neck, Vineham Vintage middle
Wiring is a Kinman K9 harness but that will be coming out soon.

The knobs?
I forget where they came from but I do remember they were a clearance thing.
The website was selling them cheap because they were not going to carry them anymore.
I think it would have been either Stewmac or MojoTone.
I have since tried to find them again for another guitar but could not.

Not shown in that pic is the funky-bent trem arm I had made for me.
I'll see if I can find a pic of it.
User avatar
BY BMW-KTM
#832332
Here we go.
This is how the guitar looked when I first finished assembling it.
All 3 pups were Vinehams at the time but they lacked power and warmth.
They were very nice and chimey Stratty sounding but I was looking for something in between old school Stratty and modern SuperStrat.
The old school Dimarzios did the trick perfectly.
They are a great combination.

I got rid of the Road King for the same reason most people give up their half stack rigs.
Freakishly heavy.

At the time this pic was taken the .50 Calibre sat atop an amp stand I made (right) for it that does more than just hold the amp, it also slightly accentuates bottom end grunt.
There was a company that sold them years ago but they wanted a fortune for them so I just built my own.

Image
User avatar
BY hamo
#832347
Easy in my "crop" it's the Charvel, can't seem to get an embed link that'll work though.