HNCTD

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1208 times
Been liked: 1401 times

HNCTD

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Happy new cheap Tele day !

Photo is a bit shit in this light :?
20190529-200826.jpg
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: HNCTD

Post by KNNZ »

love that color!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2482 times

Post by Slowy »

Cool!
You've had 'real' Teles; how does this compare? In what ways is it different?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1208 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Slowy wrote:Cool!
You've had 'real' Teles; how does this compare? In what ways is it different?
I was genuinely surprised with this, its is nothing like the standard Squires I have handled in the past.

I would say it is a real Tele, its very well made and finished. It has Alpha pots (nice ones), a plastic based selector switch and a cheaper jack socket, other than that I can't see where they cut the costs over something like a MIM/USA Tele. The bridge plate is a bit plain too I guess but it doesn't effect the way it plays. The capacitor looks to be a Mylar instead of the usual cheap shit ceramic disk.

Tuners are the same a those used on the MIM Baja Tele's so all good. Frets are finished really well and the nut is cut properly. Even the cavity and routing is painted with conducting paint so its quiet. Pickups are Alnico III's and sound great to my ears. It has a standard C shape neck which may be a bit thin for some people but it suits me ok, its just a bit less chunky than my John Page.

I will consider upgrading the selector switch and jack at some point but that's about it.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

looks like a nice piece of wood for the body. very nice.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.