Epiphone G310 issue

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

sdennan
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Epiphone G310 issue

Post by sdennan »

Hi Everyone

I bought an old G310 secondhand and didn’t realise there was so fret damage on fret 13 to 16. Like the fret have cuts on them. It’s perfectly good to play as long as I don’t try to bend a note. I really like the guitar and have been travelling around with it and have developed a bit of an emotional attachment to it. So Ild like to fix it if I can. Any suggestions? A fret job is probably too expensive. Files? New neck? Is a new even possible? Any advice would gladly be appreciated.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1359 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Re: Epiphone G310 issue

Post by GrantB »

If it's only some frets, then a partial fret job is an option. If the cuts are deep trying to level just those frets out will cause problems.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

el byrdo wrote:sanding block and fine sand paper
not without introducing low frets. its possible to lift the original frets a little bit and ca glue and then level, but its only a temporary solution. Just attacking with a sanding block and fine sand paper is bad advice.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1208 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

A good clear photo of the damage would help to fine-tune the suggestions.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...