The 'trades that went well' thread

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

The 'trades that went well' thread

Post by Zaulkin »

In light of a few trades that have gone south recently, I reminded myself about how many good ones have been through this forum.

If there's someone you had good dealings with on here, or if you have a good story from another trading post that's worth sharing, pop it here.

If you had a trade that went badly, post it in the other thread instead: http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=36223
Last edited by Zaulkin on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: The 'trades that went well' thread

Post by Zaulkin »

Recently dealt with Bluesierra and Basket Case.

Excellent packaging, fast shipping, and great communication throughout. Very pleased, thanks guys!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Nobody packs a speaker cab like Slowy. Grant is a top bloke. Opsguy is a gentleman. Danny will help you out all day long. Steve is a mine of information. Fuck it, you've all been great. :-)

Special mention for Jellybelly. I swear he buys guitars from me just to help me out. He once flipped one at a profit and quietly split it with me by way of a cheeky bank transfer. Top bloke.
Last edited by Molly on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Zaulkin wrote:Recently dealt with Bluesierra and Basket Case.

Excellent packaging, fast shipping, and great communication throughout. Very pleased, thanks guys!
Back at you Nik- always a pleasure. Still loving the Tele I got from you!

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

Ah, forgot to mention a few other recent trades with AirDad (Danny) and CDog. Both of those were great too!

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Think I've sold 2 guitars to Molly, sorry the PRS packing was average as I didn't have a carton :oops: but Molly's a gentleman and great guy to deal with, bought many things from Opsguy and indeed he's more than a gentleman absolute top bloke, bought and traded few guitars from Kiwiaxe and Oleg as well, all top blokes and gentleman, also sold a cab to Zaulkin and bought it back lol smooth and easy trades! also traded with StratMatt great person and gentleman to deal with, also the awesome Null_Pointer express bringing guitars to Auckland for trades with me a couple of times is hard to top!
there might be few more but this is just the top of my head
agreed all of you are great! :thumbup:

add Conway as well! besides the fact there aren't many color options, he is awesome and first class gentleman to trade with! :wink: :thumbup:
Last edited by KNNZ on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Have dealt as buyer with AirDad, Molly, and, of course, Oleg. All been great. I have probably missed some people. These are the ones that required shipping.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Never had a bad trade with anyone here, you're all great!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

i was gonna say ive never had a bad trade through here,its part of being a litle more close knit than facebook for instance? And why there is the post limit on the for sale section.Seems a little redundant is all im saying.Other than the jp/prs debarcle i cant think of any others or did i miss something?

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

Kris wrote:i was gonna say ive never had a bad trade through here,its part of being a litle more close knit than facebook for instance? And why there is the post limit on the for sale section.Seems a little redundant is all im saying.Other than the jp/prs debarcle i cant think of any others or did i miss something?
It's mainly for people who find the site and try to use it to sell stuff without contributing anything. There's been the odd few.

casemysta
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by casemysta »

honorable mentions would have to go to the below:
Kiwi Axe - A fellow suhr enthusiast - have done multiple deals with and not a thing to complain about (apart from jealousy of the suhr collection)
Null_Pointer - It's been awhile but the gear roundabout has caused us to cross paths many times - also major props for the odd auckland trip on my behalf.
Molly - As we all know he is packing .. a very very safe courier parcel for you. Appreciate it !
Opsguy - A total gent who is a pleasure to deal with

A few others to note ive encountered and had no issues at all with would be KNNZ, Zaulkin, Conway, Sopachrga, Ed Lim.
The list goes on i bet .. Top dealings gents

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

One story I will never tire of telling:
After a long and fruitless search for a PRS SE ONE, I get a PM from Jellybelly saying, "Look what I just bought!"

An effing SE One that I missed. I replied in a frustrated tone to be told, " I bought it for you. If you want it, this is what I paid."

But it doesn't end there.

The guitar arrived with a smashed tuner thanks to the courier. Talking to Jellybelly about how to claim didn't go as well as I'd hoped. But instead, the man sent me a complete new set of PRS tuners and I'm sure I still owe you for those, Troy.

This experience means I could never sell this guitar. And Mr Jellybelly is a man I hold in the highest esteem.
Respect, Troy. :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Zaulkin wrote:
Kris wrote:i was gonna say ive never had a bad trade through here,its part of being a litle more close knit than facebook for instance? And why there is the post limit on the for sale section.Seems a little redundant is all im saying.Other than the jp/prs debarcle i cant think of any others or did i miss something?
It's mainly for people who find the site and try to use it to sell stuff without contributing anything. There's been the odd few.
Exactly. We have established relationships which is why our dealings usually go smoothly. If you want to trade with us, become part of the community. If you don't want to do that, TradeMe is >
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

Great idea for a thread. Kind of like checking feedback on trade me. I’ve done quite a few, so I’ll have to edit as I remember.

Happily traded with: GrantB, bbrunskill, opsguy, molly, eruera, bender, jellybelly, airdad, and more.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Olegmcnoleg
Bender
Robnobcorncob
Polar Bear
Slash-Ed
BG
GrantB
Null_pointer
Kris
Foal30
jeremyB
Sopacharga
AiRdAd
Molly
bluesierra
Conway
Slowy
Capt Black
StrummersOfThunder
sizzlingBadger
Dharmajester
BBrunskill
Darth Sabbathi
Olderama
Kiwiaxe
mule
Kev77
telefiend
MRDINO

and I gave up remembering. Basically look at the most active users list and put that here.

Anyway, they’re all awful traders and avoid them at all costs.

And particularly avoid Sirvill, he’s the absolute worst.
Last edited by TmcB on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz