Keyztone Exchanger - Pickup modelling pedal - anyone tried it?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 511 times

Keyztone Exchanger - Pickup modelling pedal - anyone tried it?

Post by Zaulkin »

Now here's a pedal I'd love to try. I always wondered when something like this would come along - modelling pickups with a pedal. Is it any good though?

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1358 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Re: Keyztone Exchanger - Pickup modelling pedal - anyone tried it?

Post by GrantB »

Line 6 kinda has this tech with their all in one guitars....different signal process mind you. Be interesting to hear how it could turn say a Chinese Strat pickup into a '59 Pat Applied For pickup!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

BOSS GT series (pre GT-1000) always had the tone setting to change between single coil/humbucker. And the guitar synths (GR-55 etc) have pickup modelling, Tele, LP etc.

They're handy live performance tools (and perhaps even recording if you don't have the variety of guitars you need) but I've always felt like the FEEL doesn't come out right and my brain gets a bit confused because the pickup responds like a humbucker but the sound comes out like a single.

I'd just stick to a HSS or HSH superstrat, personally...
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

slash-ed wrote:BOSS GT series (pre GT-1000) always had the tone setting to change between single coil/humbucker. And the guitar synths (GR-55 etc) have pickup modelling, Tele, LP etc.

They're handy live performance tools (and perhaps even recording if you don't have the variety of guitars you need) but I've always felt like the FEEL doesn't come out right and my brain gets a bit confused because the pickup responds like a humbucker but the sound comes out like a single.

I'd just stick to a HSS or HSH superstrat, personally...
That was my guess. Will be interesting to try though - we probably never expected amp modellers to be as good as they are now!