NGD: Sigma

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Re: NGD: Sigma

Post by Starfire »

robnobcorncob wrote:This came from a seller in Wellington, I believe? If so then I've played it before and after the Santa Cruz strings went on (and against my initial hopes I preferred the strings that were on it before, 12-53 PB, unsure of the brand). A nice sounding guitar that felt like it hadn't quite opened up yet, and would only get better and better with a lot of playing over time. Nice score.
Yes, from Wellington. Definitely planning to try some different strings once I've worn out this and the other set of Santa Cruzes in the case.

I think you're right too about it opening up. It sounds good at the moment, but there is a sense it has much more to give. I look forward to getting to know this guitar over the coming decades!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Re: NGD: Sigma

Post by Slowy »

twangnsnarl wrote:I look forward to getting to know this guitar over the coming decades!
Now that Molly is safely ensconced at a suitable distance, I fully endorse this attitude.

:D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.