Thoughts on this crafter

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Thoughts on this crafter

Post by shinenz »

Hi

Crafter Hybrid Slim Arch Black p90

nyone had much to do with these, I know they a Taylor wanna be, but seem ok with p90, able to split and run with a valve and pa independent
Attachments
images (43).jpeg
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Re: Thoughts on this crafter

Post by Delayman »

Is that active electronics? I have Washburn red rocker which is similar concept.

I found a massive difference in output between the under saddle pickup (loud) and the humbucker.

Also if you plan to make any changes you’ll need to keep a battery to earth to, as a wooden bridge doesn’t ground to the strings like a metal one does.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by shinenz »

Yep active, 9 volt batt. Doesn't seem to be a lot of info around. Played one today, liked it. Thought 8d do a bit of research first, go back try the double hook up to a valve and solid state simultaneously, and see how that rolls.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

I want to hate Crafter; so much bling, so little money. But the few I've played weren't half bad for what they were.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Crafter was a bad man in Game of Thrones
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Delayman wrote:Is that active electronics? I have Washburn red rocker which is similar concept.

I found a massive difference in output between the under saddle pickup (loud) and the humbucker.

Also if you plan to make any changes you’ll need to keep a battery to earth to, as a wooden bridge doesn’t ground to the strings like a metal one does.
Is it a Sammy Hagar signature?

Pretty sure Hot Grits had one of those
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

foal30 wrote:
Delayman wrote:Is that active electronics? I have Washburn red rocker which is similar concept.

Is it a Sammy Hagar signature?

Pretty sure Hot Grits had one of those
Yes it’s the Hagar one. Actually a very cool guitar. My needs some attention as I took out the electronics a few years ago and never replaced them. It was my main guitar for a few years, but I found i never used the acoustic pickup. I’ll have to get it sorted as I often play it without plugging in.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Slowy wrote:I want to hate Crafter; so much bling, so little money. But the few I've played weren't half bad for what they were.
Same here. But their acoustic bass (in my avatar) is the nicest I've ever played, to the extent that I don't have GAS for pricier basses, just curiosity.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Slowy wrote:I want to hate Crafter; so much bling, so little money. But the few I've played weren't half bad for what they were.
Plenty of non-bling models available, and the all-solid stuff above $1k is fantastic (just ignore the Dragon inlay).

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

robnobcorncob wrote: Plenty of non-bling models available, and the all-solid stuff above $1k is fantastic (just ignore the Dragon inlay).
Urgh... yes, those tacky dragon inlays. I don't like their more ornate rosettes, either.

I wish they'd take a hint from Martin and accept that bling isn't everything. The rest of their concept is great though.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I've long wanted something like this, or a Taylor T5 or something. Would be great for my covers band.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

Actually looking at that it’s probably covering very different ground than something like my washburn. Arch top and neck pickup probably means more jazz than rock?

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by shinenz »

Possibly buying it tomorrow, test driving the stereo set up between amps in the morning