All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Marshmallow
I purchased this a month or two ago. Made in Japan/ Fender Japan Esquire. Very very very rare nowadays. Unfortunately, the previous owner added the neck pick up and modified the electronics. Fortunately, when I bought it, it came with the original wiring and pickguard so it's easy to return it to its original state. Will get around to returning it eventually. Also came with a hard case but have bought a FENDER SKB hard case for it.

Double Bound
Sunburst
Aged beautifully. Neck is straight and frets have been replaced with NOS frets with exact same spec. Neck is flamed depending on the angle you're on. Very easy to play etc.
Bridge pickup is original.
Neck is USA Tele Pickup

I wasn't planning on buying one but this one played beautifully!! Very happy! Now I have 2 guitars..

Enjoy the photos!

Last edited by Marshmallow on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BY GrantB
This works for me.

Congrats - looks great. Two tone burst is awesome.
BY Slowy
GrantB wrote:This works for me.

Congrats - looks great. Two tone burst is awesome.

That is lovely!
And I believe Happy NGD to you, Mr.B as well?
BY GrantB
This is Marshmallows moment.

My NGD will be Sunday...
BY Slowy
Marshmallow wrote:I purchased this a month or two ago. Made in Japan/ Fender Japan Esquire. Very very very rare nowadays. Unfortunately, the previous owner added the neck pick up and modified the electronics. Fortunately, when I bought it, it came with the original wiring and pickguard so it's easy to return it to its original state. Will get around to returning it eventually. Also came with a hard case but have bought a FENDER SKB hard case for it.

It's really quite magnificent. Did you find it in NZ?
BY Marshmallow
GrantB wrote:This is Marshmallows moment.

My NGD will be Sunday...

Haha I look forward to it!
BY Marshmallow
Slowy wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:I purchased this a month or two ago. Made in Japan/ Fender Japan Esquire. Very very very rare nowadays. Unfortunately, the previous owner added the neck pick up and modified the electronics. Fortunately, when I bought it, it came with the original wiring and pickguard so it's easy to return it to its original state. Will get around to returning it eventually. Also came with a hard case but have bought a FENDER SKB hard case for it.

I’m currently in japan! :) so if you guys have anything you want, I could drop by the guitar street and ship it to you as long as it doesn’t have rosewood :) won’t even charge extra haha!
BY GrantB
What a good fella
BY StratMatt
Marshmallow wrote:
Slowy wrote:

I’m currently in japan! :) so if you guys have anything you want, I could drop by the guitar street and ship it to you as long as it doesn’t have rosewood :) won’t even charge extra haha!

I'll take the esquire thanks :)
BY Marshmallow
StratMatt wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:
Slowy wrote:It's really quite magnificent. Did you find it in NZ?

I'll take the esquire thanks :)

Sorry but it has rosewood :roll: