All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Slowy
Very Special New Guitar Day.

I'm on record as saying that for me, the finest guitars on the planet are made in Ireland by George Lowden.

What I never expected in a million years was that I would own one.
Attachment-1(3).jpeg

Lowden S23 Custom. It's small, it's both loud and sweet, it's well played in and wide open.
It's hypnotic to play. I keep getting lost in it and my fingers produce music I've never heard before.

Getting hold of this was a big deal and hard for me on several levels. Sunday morning has reassured me it was the right decision. :D

Thanks Oleg, that's twice now you've done this to me!
BY Molly
Huge congrats. An heirloom guitar if ever there was one.
BY Slowy
Molly wrote:Huge congrats. An heirloom guitar if ever there was one.

Exactly what I was thinking today. If I could only have one guitar, this would do nicely.

Edit: I remember handing this back after our first meeting with the words, " That's lovely, but it couldn't be my only guitar." :roll:

See? Knows my own mind, I does.
BY codedog
Congratulations! Such a masterpiece may as well be made of Unobtainium for me.
BY Slowy
codedog wrote:Congratulations! Such a masterpiece may as well be made of Unobtainium for me.

At one point, I nearly took your Hippie amp. Then it would have been unobtanium for me as well. :D
BY codedog
Slowy wrote:
codedog wrote:Congratulations! Such a masterpiece may as well be made of Unobtainium for me.

At one point, I nearly took your Hippie amp. Then it would have been unobtanium for me as well. :D

That amp is quite lovely though. A Lowden is Unobtainium for me with or without that amp though. I figure I only need 3 acoustics. One fingerstyle (1.75" nut), one strummer (dreadnought) and a classical. Would it surprise you if I say 2 of those were hand-me-downs from oleg? :wink:

That Lowden sounds like a perfect fingerstyle guitar, both in performance and portability.
BY Slowy
codedog wrote:......Would it surprise you if I say 2 of those were hand-me-downs from oleg? :wink:

Not at all. His Emporium is a wonder to one's senses and a disaster to one's wallet. :rofl:

codedog wrote: That Lowden sounds like a perfect fingerstyle guitar, both in performance and portability.

That's exactly what it is. I've been trapped all my life with Dreadnaughts. I'd go out to buy a small bodied fingerpicking guitar and come home with another Dreadnaught. Felt the same forces at work this time too.

Today, those reflexes finally gave up and I stopped listening for what wasn't there. And I discovered nothing is missing at all, and it's actually better, much better for fingerpicking.

I knew this, but I could never get myself to really believe it.
Weird, huh?
BY jeremyb
I know nothing about acoustics, but I'm sure she's a pearler!! Got a banana for scale?
BY codedog
Sounds like between this and the Doozy you're sorted for guitars...
BY Bg
Lovely :)

no dot markers though, I'd get lost.
BY willow13
Bg wrote:Lovely :)

just pedal E
BY jeremyb

Your fingers will know where to go!
BY codedog
jeremyb wrote:

Your fingers will know where to go!

That one time JB said...
BY Slowy
jeremyb wrote:I know nothing about acoustics, but I'm sure she's a pearler!! Got a banana for scale?

IMG_1452.JPG

It's only a little banana.