SDNGD

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Re: SDNGD

Post by k1w1 »

Good to hear. What brand is it?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

its one of those '1946' or something ones, definitely a republic though - complete with crap tuners ;) Neck wood is a bit unknown as its not as dark as mine. Nice enough though :) I had to buy some strings for mine as I realised I'd not played it for over a year and the strings were rusty! *cough*
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Ahhh 1959, the guy Phil in Dunedin. Then it is the same guitar and matt finish as my Aiersi branded one. That'll be a good'un then, get that paint off, mine became loud and clear when I fixed it.

Mine has a light coloured neck as well with some figure to it, specs say mahogany

ImageIMG_1539 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

k1w1 wrote:Ahhh 1959, the guy Phil in Dunedin. Then it is the same guitar and matt finish as my Aiersi branded one. That'll be a good'un then, get that paint off, mine became loud and clear when I fixed it.

Mine has a light coloured neck as well with some figure to it, specs say mahogany

ImageIMG_1539 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr
Yeah that'll be the one, didn't see the mahogany speckle but depends on the cut I guess :) Played nice enough though I'm as rusty as my strings.

Its bitten me again though, time I got my chops back ready for summer on the back porch in the old rocking chair ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

and does yours have the palm sticker on the back?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

and I'm on the lookout for a nice single cone national style ;) complete with palm trees etc :D if you see floating around!

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Nah mine is just plain matt silver. Sold my single cone with palm tree engraving to Wellyblues. Once I get set up and back on my feet in the Hutt, I am looking at a steel body 12 fret single, and Aersi were so good to deal with I'll probably order from them again.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

where are they based?

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Shanghai, they are the factory that makes Republic, 1959 and and a bucket load of brands around the world including the single cone I sold. I ordered their own branded one direct from the factory and it arrived in 7 days.

http://www.aiersiguitar.com/

Look under Bluegrass

I got mine for $400 US plus shipping, they are on ebay and if you make an offer they will generally accept low ball offers.

https://www.ebay.com/str/sinomusic?_trk ... 7675.l2563

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah cool, thats a bloody good price too :) Might bring my own in ;)
Oh I have a shitload of maple offcuts along with others, might have too experiment on bridges.... I have bandsaw, need to use :)

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

KNNZ wrote:for some reason Autobots come to mind :think:

looks awesome!!! :thumbup:
I always think of Transformers when I see these tricones. I want one just for that reason.