All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY bender
Spotted this on Trademe and thought, now that's a strat I could like! I know the seller so managed to do a deal outside of trademe too.
It's a Fender Classic 60s Strat in Shoreline GOLD, with Mojo Pickups GOLDfoils mounted in a GOLD pick guard, with GOLD pick guard screws.

Nice bit of beatupness

The pickups sound monstrously good.

It came with the original pickups and hardware too, so if I don't get on with the trem, I plan to keep the Goldfoils and sell it in its original configuration. So far, I really like it though.
BY Bg
That looks like some console out of Thunderbirds..... you need to have a freak gold smelting accident now.
BY Delayman
Gold trem, tuners, and jack plate will complete the goldness. That would be achievement unlocked.
BY jeremyb
That's cool as!
BY Slowy
Need sound clips please Ben.
BY H671
codedog wrote:That's pretty damn cool! I remember hearing gold foils in a strat on youtube, I think it was a GFS set. They sound fantastic! Have you seen this by any chance? http://tonefiend.com/guitar/gold_foil_weirdness/ - not sure if that concerns you in your genre though...

Just had a look - interesting.
My H671 Harmony has the original DeArmond gold foil single coils that are humbucker size.
They sound great.