All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Single coil
Just broke a double ball ender trying to intonate and stretch, argh.
5 sets on their way but there is an adapter ... hmm.
Cbf tonight.
BY Single coil
After the big day spa away up north with randombob, the bat is back.
The neck is loads better than it was, but I still think there’s a bit of dodginess going on with it.

Here is some of the aftermath of what’s been going on:

Made one good bridge out of two, pulled the shitty pickups out (me and my obsession for originality sometimes :problem: ), and of course plonked in the emgs.
Now.
The original steinies had actives, and literally anything will be better than the “hign gain super distortion PICKUP” that were in there, so here we are with 2x 85s running at 18 volts:

Yeah nah not anymore

Though, having such a tiny guitar and two batteries ... it isn’t the greatest solution but ya know. It’s not a dumb idea if it works :cool:

Needs a couple little things ironed out - proper intonation, shit like that, and of course a buzz that goes away when I touch the bridge :problem:
There’s always one!!

Will post whanau photo with the bat bass when I’m home... Aaaaaa!! :D

BY Single coil
Can’t for the life of me get this thing to work :problem:
Somehow on the drive home, the 18v circuit and its vol vol tone setup decided it didn’t want to play ball anymore.
Gone back to master controls and a 3 way switch, now I have lots of grounding issues and no sound. Oh, and 9 volt cuz no way am I getting two batteries in there now. :problem:

What on earth have I done wrong now??
BY Single coil
After all that pissing around why did I not just look at the bass ...