NCCHGD

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

NCCHGD

Post by Lyle »

New Cheap Chinese Headless Guitar Day!

I wanted a headless guitar to keep under the desk at work so I can get some practice in at lunch time. I ordered through NK Guitars on Aliexpress and it arrived this weekend. The body shape is nice and comfortable, I normally play classical style (guitar on my left leg) and it sits there nicely.

It arrived in tune, intonated and well set up with a softcase and allen key tool. For the price (~$360 including shipping) I'm really impressed. Fretwork is decent, no sharp edges or frets popping out. The bridge seems well put together, definitely a step up from the "Overlord of Music" bridges on most Chinese headless guitars. It has a magnetic tool that attaches to the side to help with fine tuning.

The pickups are apparently alnico 5 and sound pretty decent and the pots seems ok, for lunchtime practice they'll do the trick. There's a few youtube reviews out there if you search for NK Guitars.

There are some signs that it's a cheap guitar with a few cosmetic issues where the finish isn't super clean and the screws on backplate look like they'll strip if I look at them funny.

Aliexpress is always a bit of a gamble and it's a long way from being a strandberg or kiesel killah but I think I've ended up with a decent guitar for the price.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Re: NCCHGD

Post by sirvill »

Nice that its not a counterfeit either!

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

sirvill wrote:Nice that its not a counterfeit either!
Definitely something I looked for when I was searching. There's a scary amount of super cheap counterfiets on AliExpress, I keep seeing them pop up on Facebook buy and sell groups.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Awesome, almost bought one myself but spent the cash on another push bike which is getting way more use ATM!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.