Stratocaster/Splatocaster

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Stratocaster/Splatocaster

Post by Molly »

I love the Strat neck pickup every bit as much as I'm indifferent to the bridge.

The Tele bridge.... That's another story. :-)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:I love the Strat neck pickup every bit as much as I'm indifferent to the bridge.
I've discovered a fix for that; the Hermida Zen Drive. Turns Meh into MMMMMMM!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

I've never got on with the In between Straty sounds, when I used to do sound there was an older guy who was a dire straits fan through and through and I remember once being a bit frustrated (as he never switched from 2 or 4 positions) so asked him to switch pickups as it just sounded thin and got complete lost in the mix. However recently I played one with that little DJW 10watt head and it sounded freakin amazing in the 2 and 4 positions. I put it down to the fact it had no tube rectifier and was such a direct in your face sounding amp the in between Strat positions punched though the mix with a real presence. Still don't like them with my 5e3, it's just to squashy with the tube rectifier and gets lost.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

is that my old djw? Yeah it loves strats!

Will buy back if you're selling now?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.