All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Terexgeek
I don't mind it, it's nicer to look at than a Suhr (hate the droopy dick headstock), has a better cutaway and upper fret access than a Fender Strat, better trem than a Strat, bring on the PRS version of a Tele I say.
BY Conway
kdawg2a wrote:I would imagine if you wanted a strat you would just go get a strat.

But you can do so much better than a Fender...
BY Delayman
Olderama wrote:
foal30 wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:http://www.prsguitars.com/electrics/bolton/silver_sky

The worst kept secret from PRS is finally officially out.

Who wants one? Form an orderly queue now....

Pretty dissatisfying really.
When I seen your link I thought finally the long awaited Michael Bolton signature model.

So yeah, a let down.

Don't you mean Michael Neckthru
. Hahaha
BY Delayman
It’s a no from me.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Conway wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:I would imagine if you wanted a strat you would just go get a strat.

But you can do so much better than a Fender...

Agree, but musical influences I'm sure have a profound effect on guitar choice. If all you listen to is Malmsteen, SRV & Hendrix, it's gonna be hard to see outside of your Fender-tinted glasses.

As far as this new release goes, I pretty much go along with what everybody else has said. Kinda boring and run of the mill, not like what we have come accustomed to from PRS.
BY Conway
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:If all you listen to is Malmsteen, SRV & Hendrix, it's gonna be hard to see outside of your Fender-tinted glasses.

If that's all you listen to, you've got much bigger issues than being a Fender fanboy.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Conway wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:If all you listen to is Malmsteen, SRV & Hendrix, it's gonna be hard to see outside of your Fender-tinted glasses.

If that's all you listen to, you've got much bigger issues than being a Fender fanboy.

We were all 13 years old at some point - even Slowy :lol:
BY mrmofo
listening to Marching out yesterday, pulled the inner sleeve and Malmsteen thanks Schecter
hmmmm
it wasn't always fender, old baggy clicky tone from that sultans of swing song played a schecter
that dude that wore the hat, he played a Tokai
CBS owned fender so all the picks of cbs bands were holding fenbers
fenbers are cool
BY kdawg2a
I look at that guitar and to me it seems to solve a lot of problems that no one has with a regular strat. If you buy all the bits, you can make a really high end strat for $1500.
BY Molly
Conway wrote:
Molly wrote:Doesn't Mayer already have a reasonably priced signature PRS?

He has a very expensive Private Stock model.

Yes. That's the one I was referring to. 'Eagle' something or other.... ;-)
BY Molly
kdawg2a wrote:I look at that guitar and to me it seems to solve a lot of problems that no one has with a regular strat. If you buy all the bits, you can make a really high end strat for $1500.

I'm not going down this road again. The outcome is just too hit-and-miss. If you shop-around second-hand you could probably source all the bits cheap but it'd take forever and a day. I guess it could be a rolling project where you get something that's got good bones and upgrade as you go. That said, when you say high-end I guess you'd need a nice, light and resonant body and a well finished neck. Hard to find the right spec. second hand and spendy new.

How would it break-down do you think? Just roughly.

$100 - Tuners
$250 - Neck
$350 - Body
$200 - Trem
$300 - Pickups
$100 - Plastics
$100 - Case
$80 - Pots / wire etc.
$20 - Neck plate / screws
$100 - Paint
BY Molly
Conway wrote:Super Eagle.

Switches are a bit busy for me. Maybe it was for the Grateful Dead gig.

I'd like a C22 / 24 style PRS with Stratty pickup arrangement.
BY mrmofo
I like that thing, all those switches. when I`m famous I`m gonna be up in that wood library and get Pauly to make me a 10 string MockingBird with 25.5 and the silver strat headstock, made from the wood of the phoenix tree, must be 39 inches long, comes with a set of micro moonboots hanging from the lower bout and a mirror back plate to reflect light in a cool way.