All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY olegmcnoleg
Conway wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Conway wrote:Uh-oh! What have I said...

To be clear, I don't want you to buy it, just to like it :-)

Phew. I've already told you it's the best G guitar I've ever met.

I suppose I can like with that :-)
BY SimonHirst
There's a Martin in Keith MacMillans shop in Hamilton. It's a D-3r I think he said. He's fixed a bit that was lifting on the top. $1500 w a hardcase. It's a beautiful sounding guitar and has a pickup already installed...
Unfortunately I don't have a spare $1500, but it'd be well worth checking out if you're in the market.
BY olegmcnoleg
SimonHirst wrote:There's a Martin in Keith MacMillans shop in Hamilton. It's a D-3r I think he said. He's fixed a bit that was lifting on the top. $1500 w a hardcase. It's a beautiful sounding guitar and has a pickup already installed...
Unfortunately I don't have a spare $1500, but it'd be well worth checking out if you're in the market.

Do you mean a Larrivee? They make a D-3R.
BY SimonHirst
olegmcnoleg wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:There's a Martin in Keith MacMillans shop in Hamilton. It's a D-3r I think he said. He's fixed a bit that was lifting on the top. $1500 w a hardcase. It's a beautiful sounding guitar and has a pickup already installed...

No, it was one of these:
https://reverb.com/item/1006234-martin-d3r-1998-natural

I'd never heard of them but Keith said they were a lower price range Martin they made at one stage. However they never really made it to NZ retail. Far nicer than any of the newer lower range Martin's I've played. This is a beauty!
BY telefiend
SimonHirst wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:

No, it was one of these:

I'd never heard of them but Keith said they were a lower price range Martin they made at one stage. However they never really made it to NZ retail. Far nicer than any of the newer lower range Martin's I've played. This is a beauty!

Ooh, have never heard of those before. Looks great! Like a D35 lite.
BY KNNZ
since we're talking about Martins here's mine, she's gorgeous and smells amazing

Last edited by KNNZ on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY SimonHirst
telefiend wrote:Ooh, have never heard of those before. Looks great! Like a D35 lite.

Yeah, that's basically what I thought when playing it! I've got a D35 and the D-3r really, really sounded and played great!
BY olegmcnoleg
SimonHirst wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:

No, it was one of these:

Ooh, interesting. Thanks Simon.
BY telefiend
SimonHirst wrote:
telefiend wrote:Ooh, have never heard of those before. Looks great! Like a D35 lite.

Yeah, that's basically what I thought when playing it! I've got a D35 and the D-3r really, really sounded and played great!

Good to know! (for us budget Martin chasers)