All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY olegmcnoleg
Confession: I've owned 9 Larrivees, so I obviously like something about them. But strangely enough I've ended up not keeping any of them. My favourite was a C09
BY Slowy
Polar Bear wrote:
codedog wrote:
Molly wrote:I'm the last person to say this but that's not a guitar, it's a heirloom.

Congrats.

Thanks... and aye, I agree wholeheartedly. While this is at the low end of Larrivée it is still a thing of beauty and pleasure. It is my type of guitar... nothing flashy but an absolute pleasure to play. Gear wise, short of occasional curiosity in cheap pedals, I am extremely happy with what I have. Fingers crossed I want for naught.

To be fair, Larrivee don't do low end! I've got an LV02, and it's an absolutely killer guitar. Keep hold of it, Larrivee are unbeatable value, and tonally superior to pretty much anything commercially available. Great choice, I'd say.

Some time back, Roger had both an LV-09 and a LV-10. I played both of them a lot while I tried to convince my wife this was an essential purchase. (Fat chance :bummed: )
They were both gorgeous but in the end, I think I swayed toward the LV-09. Would love to meet it again.
BY Slowy
Polar Bear wrote:The LV09 lives in Wellington I believe.

Hope it's getting love.
BY Slowy
bbrunskill wrote:Sihirst and I have Lowdens. I feel like there's at least one other person on the forum who's got one as well.

AiRdAd and Oleg.

Lowdens are the dog's nuts... the bees knees.... oh shut up Slowy. :roll:

I want one......
BY olegmcnoleg
Slowy wrote:
bbrunskill wrote:Sihirst and I have Lowdens. I feel like there's at least one other person on the forum who's got one as well.

AiRdAd and Oleg.

Lowdens are the dog's nuts... the bees knees.... oh shut up Slowy. :roll:

I want one......

Guilty as charged. They are spectacular guitars, in a different league really - with the likes of Collings, Santa Cruz, Goodall, etc..
BY vintage52
Molly wrote:Anybody got a Lowden?

This one reminds me of that massive 12 string Clapton had made by Zematis.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... f960019bd2

Does running a 12 as a 6 string impact the guitar at all?

I'm sure it allows it to "relax" as it's not as stressed with all that extra poundage.

I like the neck width on my 12 string and have often contemplated playing it as a six,
BY AiRdAd
I'll post pics of mine. It's way above my skill level, but I got it for such a great price that i don't feel guilty about keeping it!
BY olegmcnoleg
vintage52 wrote:
Molly wrote:Anybody got a Lowden?

This one reminds me of that massive 12 string Clapton had made by Zematis.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... f960019bd2

Does running a 12 as a 6 string impact the guitar at all?

I'm sure it allows it to "relax" as it's not as stressed with all that extra poundage.

I like the neck width on my 12 string and have often contemplated playing it as a six,

I'd imagine the reduced tension would require a truss rod adjustment, but plenty of people do this, so I'm sure it would be ok.

That Lowden 12 string will be a corker. I don't play a 12 string enough to justify that kind of investment, I'd need to join an ELO cover band.
BY Slowy
Polar Bear wrote:
Slowy wrote:https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/instruments/guitar-bass/electric-guitars/auction-1540345024.htm

For those who have never seen one. My favourite Larivee model.

Correct.
I worry you’d quite like a number of my guitars, Slowy.

Don't doubt it for a second. Though as Oleg and Conway will confirm, I can be effusive and blunt in equal measure. :rofl: