All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Dbart78
Nice, Tym from Tyms guitars in Brisbane is somewhat of a Mosrite expert. He may be able to help with a bridge replacement or advice.
BY bender
Dbart78 wrote:Nice, Tym from Tyms guitars in Brisbane is somewhat of a Mosrite expert. He may be able to help with a bridge replacement or advice.

I'm fairly certain this passed through his hands actually. I posted on the Mosrite lovers Facebook page and one of the dudes on there reckons he brought it into Australia from Japan and then later sold it to Tym.

I've actually sourced replacement parts from Hallmark Guitars. The only thing I'm struggling with at the moment is finding suitable tuners for the extra thick headstock.
BY bender
tubeswell wrote:I won't ask how much

Surprisingly little- it's 60s Japanese rather than the unobtanium USA variety.
BY jvpp
bender wrote:
Dbart78 wrote:Nice, Tym from Tyms guitars in Brisbane is somewhat of a Mosrite expert. He may be able to help with a bridge replacement or advice.

I'm fairly certain this passed through his hands actually. I posted on the Mosrite lovers Facebook page and one of the dudes on there reckons he brought it into Australia from Japan and then later sold it to Tym.

I've actually sourced replacement parts from Hallmark Guitars. The only thing I'm struggling with at the moment is finding suitable tuners for the extra thick headstock.

What thickness the headstock Ben?
BY bender
jvpp wrote:
bender wrote:

What thickness the headstock Ben?

I don't have it with me at the moment but, from memory, it's pretty close to 20mm thick. The holes in the posts on the Kluson style Tone Pros set I have only just clear the top. Annoying because they're awesome tuners.
BY Bg
it actually tapers from 18mm to 16mm away from the neck.