One of the best relic jobs I've seen (video)

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

One of the best relic jobs I've seen (video)

Post by Mini Forklift »

I know it's a contentious subject and most people either seem to like or loathe it but... DAMN :clap:

Awesome version of 'Alchemy' too, I thought I had all of Sayce's stuff but obviously not as I have no idea where this was taken from.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Re: One of the best relic jobs I've seen (video)

Post by dayl »

Fook that is the damage

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Blimey, what a transformation! I'd kinda like to do something similar to my mexi tele, but it's a thick poly surface like this had and I dunno if I wanna strip it back and then nitro it just to beat it up again... sounds like a lot of work...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Now that's my idea of proper Strat tone!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Speaking of good relicing: During my visit to the Rockshop last Saturday, I met a Fender Roadworn Jazzmaster; first of its type I've seen. The ageing was just superb. No distressing, just the patina and nicks you'd expect from a cared for 50 year old working guitar. Holding it in my hands, it felt old. Great work!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

don't see much special in that sorry, having done most of that stuff in the past with the well traded 'ratty' strat.

I stripped back a poly sx tele body and shot it in black nitro as I was doing a mahogany body strat at the same time. Dunno why he bothered sanding it ;) heat gun and it falls off usually . There is some shit relicing out there though, have to say :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.