Tell us about your one favourite guitar

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Tell us about your one favourite guitar

Post by Mini Forklift »

My brain is starting to become somewhat curious. That roomful of amps along with the guitar collection has to belong to someone that's made their career (and done very well) in the music industry.

First thoughts were someone like Neil finn but the gear doesn't exactly ring true. The plot thickens!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:My brain is starting to become somewhat curious. That roomful of amps along with the guitar collection has to belong to someone that's made their career (and done very well) in the music industry.

First thoughts were someone like Neil finn but the gear doesn't exactly ring true. The plot thickens!
Just pull up the popcorn and watch the Green God Tales thread. Should be fun!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:My brain is starting to become somewhat curious. That roomful of amps along with the guitar collection has to belong to someone that's made their career (and done very well) in the music industry.

Just pull up the popcorn and watch the Green God Tales thread. Should be fun!
I'd like to see it all in one Bonamassa-like 'show us your whole set up' pic.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

If you spent any time browsing forums like TGP you would surmise that the majority of larger musical hardware collections are owned by enthusiasts few of them being what would be classed as rock stars. It's a much easier habit to form overseas where availability is not an issue.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Hmmm.... been working on this today. Might be overtaking that tele. :think:

'63 Gretsch Corvette - heavily modified as it was basically rooted when I got it. Massive baseball bat neck. TV Jones Supertrons. Duesenberg vibrato.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

mmm I do like that one :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

thegreengod wrote:
Single coil wrote:Where the hell have you kept all these?
Haha I wish I could keep them in my house but certain individuals prefer furnitures than works of art. If I had it my way Id have a bean bag, a Half stack or a Combo then guitars all around. Remember that scene in I Love You Man? That Man cave haha.
Thanks for that reference. Never heard of that movie so watched it last night. Quite funny.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

some true beauties here...and I have hankered for several of them.

My current favorite gat is my own number 15. Its the one that sits on its own stand next ot the computer not in the rack against the wall...
It plays nice, sounds nice and looks nice...what more could I want.
15 small2.jpg
15 small.jpg
15 small4.jpg
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.