Tell us about your one favourite guitar

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Tell us about your one favourite guitar

Post by Jay »

That is some stunning work from Adrian. Need to look at it in more detail at the next Aux gearfest...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by thegreengod »

Lespaul92 wrote:
thegreengod wrote:
GrantB wrote:
Close enough. Who did the rewind? Early or late 60? Cherry soda or tomato soup? What's the circumference of the Earth? Photo's!!!!!!!!!!
Its early 60's as it doesnt have the reflector knobs yet and the neck is not very slim. Its it in the middle. Not fatty but I do love the fatties. Rewound was done by senor Seymour Duncan in the 90s. Alas no flame, i know you guys love the ones with flame. The tuners has been replaced by repro tuners and doesnt have original case. I do swap it around with the goldtops case when I do. And if anyone ask at a gig what year? I reply a 96! They lose interest after wards. Keeps the wolves at bay Haha
Amazing guitar collection you've got. Would be cool to hear a bit more about each of the guitars and I'm also interested to know what amps you've got given the quality of the guitars...

I will have to get back to you with the story about each guitar soon. Some interesting stories and some not haha. As far as amps go, I mostly use Fenders. Fenders seem to sound good to my ears. But I love other amps too. I did have a Marshall Bluesbreaker amp but had to sell that awhile back for reasons I now have forgotten. I have some Mesa combo and some Musicman amps. A vox too but its having some issues right now due to age. But its fenders for me like Neil and Rick (Neilsen).
Last edited by thegreengod on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And then everyone said, "Jabroni!"

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

jvpp wrote:That is some stunning work from Adrian. Need to look at it in more detail at the next Aux gearfest...
Full sized photos here if you want to be nosey.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153666436 ... 4261159512

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

thegreengod wrote: I will have to get back to you with the story about each guitar soon. Some interesting stories and some not haha. As far as amps go, I mostly use Fenders. Fenders seem to sound good to my ears. But I love other amps too. I did have a Marshall Bluesbreaker amp but had to sell that awhile back for reasons I now have forgotten. I have some Mesa combo and some Musicman amps. A vox too but its having some issues right now due to age. But its fenders for me like Neil and Rick (Neilsen).
AMPS AMPS AMPS.jpg
Did you happen to see the Bassman Ten I listed recently? What would your take on that one have been?

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

thegreengod wrote:
Lespaul92 wrote:
thegreengod wrote:
Its early 60's as it doesnt have the reflector knobs yet and the neck is not very slim. Its it in the middle. Not fatty but I do love the fatties. Rewound was done by senor Seymour Duncan in the 90s. Alas no flame, i know you guys love the ones with flame. The tuners has been replaced by repro tuners and doesnt have original case. I do swap it around with the goldtops case when I do. And if anyone ask at a gig what year? I reply a 96! They lose interest after wards. Keeps the wolves at bay Haha
Amazing guitar collection you've got. Would be cool to hear a bit more about each of the guitars and I'm also interested to know what amps you've got given the quality of the guitars...

I will have to get back to you with the story about each guitar soon. Some interesting stories and some not haha. As far as amps go, I mostly use Fenders. Fenders seem to sound good to my ears. But I love other amps too. I did have a Marshall Bluesbreaker amp but had to sell that awhile back for reasons I now have forgotten. I have some Mesa combo and some Musicman amps. A vox too but its having some issues right now due to age. But its fenders for me like Neil and Rick (Neilsen).
AMPS AMPS AMPS.jpg
That's your amp room?

I can't tell if being punked or not...
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg

Post by thegreengod »

GrantB wrote:
thegreengod wrote:
Lespaul92 wrote:

AMPS AMPS AMPS.jpg
That's your amp room?

I can't tell if being punked or not...
I have to move them soon to be more practical. It was a sleep out converted to what you see now. so its still in debate if I should move, sell some off or put in storage.

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg

Post by thegreengod »

Molly wrote:
thegreengod wrote: I will have to get back to you with the story about each guitar soon. Some interesting stories and some not haha. As far as amps go, I mostly use Fenders. Fenders seem to sound good to my ears. But I love other amps too. I did have a Marshall Bluesbreaker amp but had to sell that awhile back for reasons I now have forgotten. I have some Mesa combo and some Musicman amps. A vox too but its having some issues right now due to age. But its fenders for me like Neil and Rick (Neilsen).
AMPS AMPS AMPS.jpg
Did you happen to see the Bassman Ten I listed recently? What would your take on that one have been?
I used a bassman ten with a '61 stack knobed Jazz bass for recording bass parts and they do the trick. I find them very good for guitars on clean and with the right OD pedal they can sing. You just have to dial them in and take your time. I was stuck with them one time at a gig in Europe and you have to make do with what you have an any given moment (rocking doesnt stop just because you dont have an amp you want) and I stuck a Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal from the 90's and I was on my merry way. Dissaster averted. :lol:

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

I figure they're American due to the GI family thing with the gold top. If your grandad got that in the mid 50s out of the military (lets say in his mid 20s around the end of that ages period military conscription) then greengods parent was probably born around the same time. Lets say they had him ( or maybe her) when they were around 20 to 25 (fairly appropriate age for that era) that would mean they were born some time in the mid 70s which means they are around the same age as myself. Which begs the question, how many successful American musicians have moved to nz and are currently in their 40s? I say successful because, as mentioned, has toured (including europe) and has a pricey guitar collection. This person has done some amazing music that my generation recognises! I demand to know who you are!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

kdawg2a wrote:I figure they're American due to the GI family thing with the gold top. If your grandad got that in the mid 50s out of the military (lets say in his mid 20s around the end of that ages period military conscription) then greengods parent was probably born around the same time. Lets say they had him ( or maybe her) when they were around 20 to 25 (fairly appropriate age for that era) that would mean they were born some time in the mid 70s which means they are around the same age as myself. Which begs the question, how many successful American musicians have moved to nz and are currently in their 40s? I say successful because, as mentioned, has toured (including europe) and has a pricey guitar collection. This person has done some amazing music that my generation recognises! I demand to know who you are!
It's me. I'm secretly famous.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Molly wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:I figure they're American due to the GI family thing with the gold top. If your grandad got that in the mid 50s out of the military (lets say in his mid 20s around the end of that ages period military conscription) then greengods parent was probably born around the same time. Lets say they had him ( or maybe her) when they were around 20 to 25 (fairly appropriate age for that era) that would mean they were born some time in the mid 70s which means they are around the same age as myself. Which begs the question, how many successful American musicians have moved to nz and are currently in their 40s? I say successful because, as mentioned, has toured (including europe) and has a pricey guitar collection. This person has done some amazing music that my generation recognises! I demand to know who you are!
It's me. I'm secretly famous.
So secret that nobody knows about it...
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Been thinking about this a little bit, wan't sure if it's the Radian SG Jnr, the Epi ZW Bullseye Custom, but went with this one...

My Ash Customworks Donnie

It's a Mahagony body, the neck from an Ibanez 540S and Gotoh hardware. Can't remember off the top of my head all the electronics details but it's got loads of options.

I remember the posts from when this was being built for Bg back in the day and was super amazed by the quality. Many years later it became available and I decided to pounce on it since I'd been so impressed by the Radian SG Jnr I'd acquired from Scarecrow, I was also kind of looking for something with a trem (pref. locking) and this was a lovely looking guitar.

It's certainly the most valuable and expensive guitar I own and I really love the profile of the neck and generally it seems perfectly balanced etc. I've struggled at times with the locking trem as I'm just not used to them and haven't really mastered the art of tuning them etc. but it's made it's way to become the guitar I have beside my desk and always available and I'm loving playing it.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I could well be wrong, but from what I can make out from the pic it looks quite Satch inspired?

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I could well be wrong, but from what I can make out from the pic it looks quite Satch inspired?
Sorry should have said, it's an Ash Customworks version of Satch's JS Donnie (Pink Donnie I think to be totally correct).

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

yeah, thats the one I miss most :) Its a work of art.... would love to have that back one day ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

AMPS AMPS AMPS.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: