All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Molly
Wasn't going to buy any more gear but did. CS '66 Strat (red one), '58 335, and my favourite, a Wildwood ltd ed. '55 in faded surf green. It's really light (just a smidge under 7 lbs) and is so alive I'm taking it for a beer tonight. :-)

Bought the 808 at the same time as it's a while since I had one and I might want to get my SRV on.
BY jeremyb
Loving that green machine!
BY GrantB
Ohhh yeah!!!!...and more ohhh, unbound dot neck!

Dibs everywhere.
BY Molly
GrantB wrote:Ohhh yeah!!!!...and more ohhh, unbound dot neck!

Dibs everywhere.

Glanced over the 335 there (caught-up in surf green love). It's so bloody nice. Much better pickups than I recall the last CS335 having. Nice big neck, and that smell! :-)
BY H671
Molly wrote:
GrantB wrote:Ohhh yeah!!!!...and more ohhh, unbound dot neck!

Dibs everywhere.

Glanced over the 335 there (caught-up in surf green love). It's so bloody nice. Much better pickups than I recall the last CS335 having. Nice big neck, and that smell! :-)

:thumbup: Do you know what the 335 pickups are?
BY GrantB
MHS probably....mine 345 does. They are the best stock pickups from Gibson in the last 20 years.
BY Molly
GrantB wrote:MHS probably....mine 345 does. They are the best stock pickups from Gibson in the last 20 years.

Yes. Not a million miles from the BK Mules (based on the brief time I've played it).
BY WellyBlues
Wasn't going to buy anymore gear but bought more in one week that most of us buy in....! I hate to think what the result would be if you decided to binge on gear!

Nice stuff though, that 335 mmmmm.

Enjoy.
Last edited by WellyBlues on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BY Slowy
Much 335 love here! :thumbup:
BY sunburster
Surf green and Fiesta red are two of my favourites-- they go together like peas and carrots. Lovely guitars all around. :thumbup:
BY Aquila Rossa
That surf green reminds me of something I used to like when I was a kid. Ice cream I think. Not sure what flavour. Goodie gumdrops maybe.
BY dayl
I've never wanted a sea foam/surf green guitar before. But I think I've found an exception.
BY jeremyb
dayl wrote:I've never wanted a sea foam/surf green guitar before. But I think I've found an exception.

*cough*