All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY willow13
Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:Vox / Marshall rig recently listed. Is that the same Ryan?

No.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Feedback.aspx?member=314127

Just checked. He's still active and he has no negative feedback at all.

this just makes his "in person" contact or lack of even more puzzling ...... last feedback was just a few days ago.

If I was one of the guys he owed money or has their gear that he has gone awol on it would add to my pissed off factor and honestly I would be going to the police and then small claims court
BY mrmofo
I would by now pick up only
BY null_pointer
I'd just not buy, period. Ethically, just because one deal I did worked out ok it's not acceptable in my view to support a business/seller where I know others are being poorly treated/defrauded. Too many 'he's a great guy' posts for my taste. He WAS a great guy, for sure, but the recent past shows a very different personality at work, and all these 'let's not be too hasty' just runs the risk of putting more people in a place of potential loss by making them think those whose deals went south were just anomalies.
If this were someone we all didn't have a personal relationship with there is no way in hell we'd be saying anything other than 'RUN A MILE!!', and we're doing nobody any favours pretending otherwise.

Yes, just like the rest of you I sincerely hope there is a 'come out the other side' future in all this for him, but there are consequences and reconciliation to take place before that can happen. Life certainly can suck sometimes, I feel for him. But I feel for those who are out of pocket more.
BY WellyBlues
null_pointer wrote:I'd just not buy, period. Ethically, just because one deal I did worked out ok it's not acceptable in my view to support a business/seller where I know others are being poorly treated/defrauded. Too many 'he's a great guy' posts for my taste. He WAS a great guy, for sure, but the recent past shows a very different personality at work, and all these 'let's not be too hasty' just runs the risk of putting more people in a place of potential loss by making them think those whose deals went south were just anomalies.
If this were someone we all didn't have a personal relationship with there is no way in hell we'd be saying anything other than 'RUN A MILE!!', and we're doing nobody any favours pretending otherwise.

Yes, just like the rest of you I sincerely hope there is a 'come out the other side' future in all this for him, but there are consequences and reconciliation to take place before that can happen. Life certainly can suck sometimes, I feel for him. But I feel for those who are out of pocket more.

Fair comment, I agree. I'm uncomfortable with the speculation about what might be behind the change in personality. So yeah, don't do business with him and don't speculate on what's happening in his life.
BY Danger Mouse
null_pointer wrote:Too many 'he's a great guy' posts for my taste. He WAS a great guy, for sure, but the recent past shows a very different personality at work, and all these 'let's not be too hasty' just runs the risk of putting more people in a place of potential loss by making them think those whose deals went south were just anomalies.

I haven't seen much of that at all so far, most post have been much like mine. Some of us have had dealings with him in the past, or got to know him through gearfests or the like and know he very much WAS a great guy, but none of us are making apologies for him or saying don't be hasty. It would be nice to know if he's getting the help he needs, but I'd never say anyone should enter into a business deal with him and there's more than enough info on this thread so make that quite clear as to why not.
BY Polar Bear
I'm definitely saying don't be too hasty, but only in the sense of speculating as to what may have caused his issues. I think it's pretty appalling that people are publicly labelling someone a junky or an addict without having any background. Let's stick to the facts, and keep the speculation out of the public eye.
BY calling card
Glad I knew the good times, I'd just send a startup fund, rough spec, forget about it then many weeks later without saying boo the coolest piece of amplifier kit would appear. I'm not giving up on Ryan and wish him well.
BY null_pointer
Polar Bear wrote:I'm definitely saying don't be too hasty, but only in the sense of speculating as to what may have caused his issues. I think it's pretty appalling that people are publicly labelling someone a junky or an addict without having any background. Let's stick to the facts, and keep the speculation out of the public eye.

Yep that's a fair point (the speculation as to the reasons behind the shift), but I'm talking about the actual known, measurable aspects - the uncompleted orders, the money taken with no further contact etc. That's the aspect I'm warning via, as I have no first hand knowledge of exactly what the cause of change is, other than to say there IS a change and it affects the reliability of doing business with him.

We've probably done this to death by now at any rate, sufficient warnings and some background are in the thread. Public Service Announcement complete :P
BY GrantB
Yes, just wearing a mod hat for a second...the message has been delivered, so let's move on.

Thanks.
BY jeremyb
Can we close the thread?
BY dayl
Yeah end thread.

FWIW He is only averaging a few TM sales monthly and its shop fittings and pedals. Possibly old stock. Not like he's making bank. Hope things turn out better for. Guy was a good dude for sure.
BY Conway
We want to wait and see if the OP gets resolution. And poor old Strummers.
BY GrantB
The thread remains open, but no more speculation etc please.