All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
I bought a coily cable when I was a teenager, looked cool and thought it might make me sound like Brian May. It didn't.

Still looked cool though.
BY Conway
I suppose I really need to get a coily cable and snakeskin boots, as standard accessories to go with my Dr Z Maz 18. I do have a snakeskin belt already.
BY calling card
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I bought a coily cable when I was a teenager, looked cool and thought it might make me sound like Brian May. It didn't.

Still looked cool though.

Just found this, look where those dials are at....

BY godgrinder
And that's why the control panel on his sig amp looked like this:
BY Conway
godgrinder wrote:And that's why the control panel on his sig amp looked like this:

Surely the volume control is surplus.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Awesome! Yeah his Rig Rundown is really interesting :thumbup:

They take out some of the 'guts' of the amp that they don't need; I do remember hearing his guitar tech say that everything is ran on full whack although I think from memory it's only the bottom 3 amps that are ever on.
BY Delayman
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Awesome! Yeah his Rig Rundown is really interesting :thumbup:

They take out some of the 'guts' of the amp that they don't need; I do remember hearing his guitar tech say that everything is ran on full whack although I think from memory it's only the bottom 3 amps that are ever on.

Yes, I didn't look at this clip - but I remember from an interview with his guitar tech that he had several groups of amps because running them at full bore something is bound to go wrong, and they can just switch in a new group of amps.

He has a couple of solo tones I enjoy, but I wouldn't ever strive to sound like him. Queen is more about the songs/harmonies/Freddy than guitar tones IMHO.
BY Rickyswoop
Follow up on the original post:
No contact from old mate but managed to get a refund from Paypal so back to the old faithful rockshop I go.

I hope he gets his life sorted out, mental illness is a nasty thing!
BY StrummersOfThunder
Rickyswoop wrote:Follow up on the original post:
No contact from old mate but managed to get a refund from Paypal so back to the old faithful rockshop I go.

I hope he gets his life sorted out, mental illness is a nasty thing!

Glad you got your coin back.
I thought we'd agreed to keep the mental illness etc. speculation out if this now though ?

I was also reminded he is still holding a Jensen speaker of mine that was intended for that amp.
BY willow13
StrummersOfThunder wrote:
Glad you got your coin back.
I thought we'd agreed to keep the mental illness etc. speculation out if this now though ?

I was also reminded he is still holding a Jensen speaker of mine that was intended for that amp.

Have you been back to his mums house at any point?
BY null_pointer
...I'd think twice about lugging anyone's mum into that sort of stuff. I imagine she's got enough concerns there already.