Why does no one make.....

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Re: Why does no one make.....

Post by jeremyb »

handsoffmatt wrote:
xCaptainx wrote:Because a single coil pickup guitar like that would require some remanence of a decent guitar tone to compliment.

Ibby shred sticks have all the tonal properties of a wet sandwich. Sounds like a horrible combination to use :lol:
I was gonna write something similar, then thought better of it. But now someone else has said it..... ^^^this
It's only cause the people playing them are either playing with ridiculous levels of gain or thru a thousand pedals, I'm quite impressed by the tones that come out of my prestige into a low gain setting!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

I had an RG570 for many years, and all the pickup changes in the world couldn't bring the sound I wanted from that guitar at lower gain settings. But then of course, that's the beauty of personal taste and opinion. It turned out to be not the right path for my journey. For others it may well be perfect!
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

handsoffmatt wrote:I had an RG570 for many years, and all the pickup changes in the world couldn't bring the sound I wanted from that guitar at lower gain settings. But then of course, that's the beauty of personal taste and opinion. It turned out to be not the right path for my journey. For others it may well be perfect!
Yarrr for sure, it's a very subjective thing, I just find the ergonomics of RG's is great, but want a set of SSL's or similar in one for a bit of strat quackery from time to time :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 350 times
Been liked: 658 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

handsoffmatt wrote:I had an RG570 for many years, and all the pickup changes in the world couldn't bring the sound I wanted from that guitar at lower gain settings. But then of course, that's the beauty of personal taste and opinion. It turned out to be not the right path for my journey. For others it may well be perfect!
I had one as well, I really tried to like it but just couldn't.

Even the higher gain stuff I was doing at the time just didn't sound right with it, it was always a guitar that promised much, delivered little.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Funnily the favourite guitar I own is the prestige version of a 570... :lol:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

This thread has given me an itch for a nostalgia purchase.

As an aside, more than once lately I've seen John Mayer playing pointy-headstock Jackson SSH/Floyd jobbies (Soloists I guess) in garish colours. Truthfully, the worst tone I've ever known him have. Maybe he's being ironic or something.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1025 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Why don't you just get a Strat? They're more rounded than an RG so I'd imagine more ergonomical? None of that silly Floyd rubbish too!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

kdawg2a wrote:Why don't you just get a Strat? They're more rounded than an RG so I'd imagine more ergonomical? None of that silly Floyd rubbish too!
I've kinda got used to the ultra thin necks now, but yeah I should really give one a decent crack!

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

the Japan made fenders have slim necks.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:This thread has given me an itch for a nostalgia purchase.

As an aside, more than once lately I've seen John Mayer playing pointy-headstock Jackson SSH/Floyd jobbies (Soloists I guess) in garish colours. Truthfully, the worst tone I've ever known him have. Maybe he's being ironic or something.
Wow. This is after his PRS deal?

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1025 times

Post by kdawg2a »

jeremyb wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:Why don't you just get a Strat? They're more rounded than an RG so I'd imagine more ergonomical? None of that silly Floyd rubbish too!
I've kinda got used to the ultra thin necks now, but yeah I should really give one a decent crack!
Plenty of Strats at mine if you want to borrow one...........
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

kdawg2a wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Plenty of Strats at mine if you want to borrow one...........
Might have to come pay a visit to the man cave!

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 350 times
Been liked: 658 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

jeremyb wrote: Might have to come pay a visit to the man cave!
I told a mate at work I have man cave, he gave me a funny look and asked "are we talking about your arse tunnel here, or am I missing something?".

He swore he'd never heard the term before, but since then I can't bring myself to describe the converted garage under my house as my man cave.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Danger Mouse wrote:
jeremyb wrote: Might have to come pay a visit to the man cave!
I told a mate at work I have man cave, he gave me a funny look and asked "are we talking about your arse tunnel here, or am I missing something?".

He swore he'd never heard the term before, but since then I can't bring myself to describe the converted garage under my house as my man cave.
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

awkward hahaha
anyway Jeremyb if you buy an rg and get a picg guard made in SSS its not really modding it.
And thanks for the recomendation on Talk Talk from a thread a few months back!!
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.