Belated NGD and EOI lol...

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Belated NGD and EOI lol...

Post by Bg »

Tele arrived last week as part ex on the LP. Fernandes 1979, maple neck possibly an ash body, not sure without having a good poke about. Looks great and sounds great, would definitely be a keeper if it wasn't for the neck radius - its just not working for me at all :( And the frets are quite small and dainty - I'm so used to jumbos now that I'd have to refret if I keep.

Body has a few small dings, scratches etc but nothing major and in awesome condition for age. Neck is virtually unmarked, I've taken a bit of the shine off the back with wirewool but it would shine back up easy if required. Its a very light satin at the moment.

So as much as I like it, I'm looking to shift it on due to the neck not being my cuppatea.

Would like to swap for pref. another tele with a more laid back neck radius, frets I can refret with little trouble or expense so aren't as important. Would like a maple neck though if poss.

Or would swap for a decent floyd rose equipped gat, not too pointy but superstrat or similar, wolfgang etc....

Or cash and I can go hunt out my own!

Looks like part of the logo has rubbed off at some stage and has been filled back in with pen, only noticeable up close.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Re: Belated NGD and EOI lol...

Post by Bg »

actually thinking at the moment maybe I just bit the bullet and refret, I think its that more than the neck radius that is getting to me?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Can you skim the frets to a better radius, kinda?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

hmmm nah, not enough height on them and I'm not sure how successful I'd be doing that, worst case, I could re-radius the fretboard but I think its just because they're so low that's doing my head in :) Everything else about it is great - though it does need new pots, the vol is so loose it backs itself off if you move too much!

I think I'm just going to refret with taller frets and try from there.