Fender CS telecaster 52 tangerine

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Fender CS telecaster 52 tangerine

Post by MrDINO »

I've been looking at these recently and maybe have the opportunity to buying one second hand. What's a ball park that if interested you'd be willing to offer for it. I always seem to pay more if I like them rather than what they are actually going for.

http://rvrb.io/1952-telecaster-rp7

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 1395 times

Re: Fender CS telecaster 52 tangerine

Post by sizzlingbadger »

No Telecaster is worth more than 3 figures, we are just dumb enough to pay for the hype :moresarc:
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

sizzlingbadger wrote:No Telecaster is worth more than 3 figures, we are just dumb enough to pay for the hype :moresarc:
Sounds like internet wisdom to me :p. You think a Trussarts can be manufactured, marketed and onsold under $1k?

How about a CS Tele, with select woods, a highly skilled (and therefore high waged) luthier or two involved, and expensive electrics?

I call BS on the whole 'two slabs of wood' tale. Yes they're structurally simple. So is an SG. But the inputs (expertise, wood, electrics, path to market) means they do cost a bit. In the same way an Epiphone dot isn't a CS 335, a Squier ain't a CS Tele. Not saying $4-8k is a realistic price, but sub $1k ain't either.

/Rant

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by handsoffmatt »

MrDINO wrote:I've been looking at these recently and maybe have the opportunity to buying one second hand. What's a ball park that if interested you'd be willing to offer for it. I always seem to pay more if I like them rather than what they are actually going for.

There was only one of these guitars that came to NZ. I agonized over buying. It was the finest Tele I ever laid my hands on, but I couldn't really afford it at the time. As I was humming and hahing over it, someone else bought it. To this day I regret not just doing it.

If the one you have the opportunity to buy is the one that was here in NZ. BUY IT!!!!!!!!! There is magic in that guitar.

I think anything up to NZ$3,500 would be fair.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Tangerine = :thumbdown:
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

sizzlingbadger wrote:No Telecaster is worth more than 3 figures, we are just dumb enough to pay for the hype :moresarc:
Yes it's called the Katana effect :moresarc:
:mental:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

My Nocaster was worth every cent of the $4k I shouldn't have sold it for.

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MrDINO »

handsoffmatt wrote:
MrDINO wrote:I've been looking at these recently and maybe have the opportunity to buying one second hand. What's a ball park that if interested you'd be willing to offer for it. I always seem to pay more if I like them rather than what they are actually going for.

There was only one of these guitars that came to NZ. I agonized over buying. It was the finest Tele I ever laid my hands on, but I couldn't really afford it at the time. As I was humming and hahing over it, someone else bought it. To this day I regret not just doing it.

If the one you have the opportunity to buy is the one that was here in NZ. BUY IT!!!!!!!!! There is magic in that guitar.

I think anything up to NZ$3,500 would be fair.
I think that's the one. Has had magic word used around it. Haven't had the opportunity to play it. Might be around 4K so thinking on it. Lot of gold

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MrDINO »

I've owned a few Strats ranging from Japanese to US standards 70s to CS models. Price ranges all over the place as well. The one I liked the most Null Pointer has. It has a well balance platform of tone through all the pickup selections without much volume drop and no ice picky stuff. Nice accoustic resonance. Also happened to be the most expensive I'd owned. Not sure whether that's got much to do with it but it was worth it imho...2c

Jellybelly
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Jellybelly »

null_pointer wrote:
Sounds like internet wisdom to me :p. You think a Trussarts can be manufactured, marketed and onsold under $1k?

How about a CS Tele, with select woods, a highly skilled (and therefore high waged) luthier or two involved, and expensive electrics?

I call BS on the whole 'two slabs of wood' tale. Yes they're structurally simple. So is an SG. But the inputs (expertise, wood, electrics, path to market) means they do cost a bit. In the same way an Epiphone dot isn't a CS 335, a Squier ain't a CS Tele. Not saying $4-8k is a realistic price, but sub $1k ain't either.

/Rant

In full agreement with you on this #Rant Tim. Could not have put it better myself :thumbup:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4147 times

Post by jeremyb »

null_pointer wrote:You think a Trussarts can be manufactured, marketed and onsold under $1k?
Easily, the chinese could likely make them for $30-$40, maybe less!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

They could bottle milk for 5c per 2L too, you want to drink it though?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4147 times

Post by jeremyb »

null_pointer wrote:They could bottle milk for 5c per 2L too, you want to drink it though?
I'm pretty much dairy free so no at any cost!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

If new = 6K
Then let used = 4K
Minus tangerine = 3.5K
Plus random(NZ) = 3200 +/- 500

/I don't know anything about CS guitars