Fender CS telecaster 52 tangerine

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Re: Fender CS telecaster 52 tangerine

Post by handsoffmatt »

MrDINO wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:
MrDINO wrote:I've been looking at these recently and maybe have the opportunity to buying one second hand. What's a ball park that if interested you'd be willing to offer for it. I always seem to pay more if I like them rather than what they are actually going for.

http://rvrb.io/1952-telecaster-rp7
There was only one of these guitars that came to NZ. I agonized over buying. It was the finest Tele I ever laid my hands on, but I couldn't really afford it at the time. As I was humming and hahing over it, someone else bought it. To this day I regret not just doing it.

If the one you have the opportunity to buy is the one that was here in NZ. BUY IT!!!!!!!!! There is magic in that guitar.

I think anything up to NZ$3,500 would be fair.
I think that's the one. Has had magic word used around it. Haven't had the opportunity to play it. Might be around 4K so thinking on it. Lot of gold
Don't think. Just do. It's an incredible guitar. Oh.....as long as you are OK with a MASSIVE neck.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1002 times
Been liked: 2463 times

Post by Slowy »

handsoffmatt wrote:
MrDINO wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:
There was only one of these guitars that came to NZ. I agonized over buying. It was the finest Tele I ever laid my hands on, but I couldn't really afford it at the time. As I was humming and hahing over it, someone else bought it. To this day I regret not just doing it.

If the one you have the opportunity to buy is the one that was here in NZ. BUY IT!!!!!!!!! There is magic in that guitar.

I think anything up to NZ$3,500 would be fair.
I think that's the one. Has had magic word used around it. Haven't had the opportunity to play it. Might be around 4K so thinking on it. Lot of gold
Don't think. Just do. It's an incredible guitar. Oh.....as long as you are OK with a MASSIVE neck.
I spent a couple of hours with that guitar in the Rockshop. It was upward of $6k IIRC. As Matt says, it was wonderful and I loved the look. Afterwards, I picked up a Nocaster and put it down after a minute or so. Might not have been the best Nocaster ever made but anyone who knows me, knows what a huge endorsement that is.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:
null_pointer wrote:You think a Trussarts can be manufactured, marketed and onsold under $1k?
Easily, the chinese could likely make them for $30-$40, maybe less!
Where's that bloody Banhammer got to..... :evil:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

JHorner wrote:If new = 6K
Then let used = 4K
Minus tangerine = 3.5K
Plus random(NZ) = 3200 +/- 500

/I don't know anything about CS guitars
The Tangerine looks fabulous in the flesh! :thumbup: Honest.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1025 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Molly wrote:My Nocaster was worth every cent of the $4k I shouldn't have sold it for.
Yes it was.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Jellybelly
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Jellybelly »

kdawg2a wrote:
Molly wrote:My Nocaster was worth every cent of the $4k I shouldn't have sold it for.
Yes it was.
Agree 100 percent. Having been in this conga line also