All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Bg
Conway wrote:Which of the ones I've sold do I wish I still had?

All of them.

even the GRS models?
BY Conway
Molly wrote:
Conway wrote:Owned this one briefly after kiwiaxe and before opsguy then Molly.

What do you think of the DGT, Conway? Ever tried one? I like the idea of the thicker body.

Have you been talking to Troy?! The DGT is one model I've never tried.
BY Conway
Bg wrote:

All of them.

even the GRS models?

I refuse to acknowledge GRS. :evil:
BY olegmcnoleg
Bg wrote:I'd love to post a pic of my SE Santana, but sadly its too tasteful for the last few pages :(

Cut out some tiger print and stick it on the front, get a crayon and draw some birds on the neck...job done. And you saved yourself a fortune that you can now spend on red wine or spare parts for the Alfa ;-)
BY codedog
Conway wrote:2010 513, 25th Anniversary, Fire Red Burst. Sold this on trademe to a guy who lives at the top of my street. And I worked with him 30 years ago.

Oh wow, I remember seeing this on TM. How do you like this one?
BY olegmcnoleg
Conway wrote:
Bg wrote:

All of them.

even the GRS models?

Somebody help me out here...I don't get the GRS string substitution. I've tried Wikipedia disambiguation
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GRS
Is it really a reference to a TV channel in Texas?
BY Conway
codedog wrote:
Conway wrote:2010 513, 25th Anniversary, Fire Red Burst. Sold this on trademe to a guy who lives at the top of my street. And I worked with him 30 years ago.

Oh wow, I remember seeing this on TM. How do you like this one?

I liked the 513, there's so much option in the different pickup voicings, even between light and heavy humbucking modes. If it was blue, I would still own it! :lol:

PRS has now changed this model to the 509, with switching options more like the 408 (ie. using mini toggles). Shame, I think.

If I found a nice blue 513 (especially a private stock 513), I'd be very tempted...
BY Conway
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Conway wrote:
Bg wrote:
even the GRS models?

Somebody help me out here...I don't get the GRS string substitution. I've tried Wikipedia disambiguation
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GRS
Is it really a reference to a TV channel in Texas?

No, it's just foolish nonsense. :moresarc:
BY Bg
Nah its cos conway doesn't like guitars that start with G. So somebody suggested a word filter change of PRS to GRS ;)
BY Bg
In reality, yes....
BY codedog
Personally I think there are elements of G guitars that, combined with others from P ones, would make the near-perfect guitar. In that sense GRS would work just fine for me ;)
BY Conway
olegmcnoleg wrote:Thanks Conway. So it does not stand for Get Rough Sandpaper then? :o

OMG that just sent a shiver down my spine like American Horror Story.
BY jeremyb
These things are dreadfully pretty, but you just know they're not going to be dirty in the sack...
BY olegmcnoleg
Bg wrote:Nah its cos conway doesn't like guitars that start with G. So somebody suggested a word filter change of PRS to GRS ;)

Ah I see, and when you say 'somebody', you mean BG, right?