Epiphone Les Paul hard case

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Epiphone Les Paul hard case

Post by codedog »

Hi everyone,

I'm new around here so please excuse me if I have not picked the correct forum for this question. I am looking for a hard case for my newly purchased Epiphone Les Paul. There are one or two options on artistguitars.co.nz that mentioned they "may fit" Epiphone Les Paul, due to the larger headstock. Has anyone had experience with these cases? Or can anyone please suggest an affordable case? I only need a case to get to/from a jam at mates' places, nothing serious. I'm certainly not gigging or travelling great distances.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dany.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Re: Epiphone Les Paul hard case

Post by Olderama »

where are you based?
:mental:

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Pretty sure they've put up the wrong picture here:
http://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/guitars/ ... dcase.html

But I have my gibson LP in a rockcase, and it's fine. I'd be very surprised if an Epi didn't fit in. You could take your guitar to the shop to be sure.

Always thought the ABS plastic SKB ones looked great until I got one and discovered that the aluminium rim is like a blade just waiting to take the finish off your guitar.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Olderama wrote:where are you based?
I am based in Christchurch.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Olderama »

i have a case available but would it be worth the expense

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Welcome to the forum btw, you're in good hands here!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

JHorner wrote:Pretty sure they've put up the wrong picture here:

But I have my gibson LP in a rockcase, and it's fine. I'd be very surprised if an Epi didn't fit in. You could take your guitar to the shop to be sure.

Always thought the ABS plastic SKB ones looked great until I got one and discovered that the aluminium rim is like a blade just waiting to take the finish off your guitar.
I didn't realise Rockshop has some affordable cases, maybe I just didn't look at the right ones in the store! I actually just bought an Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus from the Christchurch Rockshop. From all the reviews and material I have read on the web it was supposed to come with a hard case, but it didn't! :? Well, apparently they're still figuring that out and will call me once they have. We'll see about that... I'm not holding my breath...

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Olderama wrote:i have a case available but would it be worth the expense
The expense? By that I assume you mean shipping? Sorry, I couldn't tell where you're based either.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

codedog wrote:

I didn't realise Rockshop has some affordable cases, maybe I just didn't look at the right ones in the store! I actually just bought an Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus from the Christchurch Rockshop. From all the reviews and material I have read on the web it was supposed to come with a hard case, but it didn't! :? Well, apparently they're still figuring that out and will call me once they have. We'll see about that... I'm not holding my breath...
The Tribute Plus most definitely comes with a case. I would certainly follow that up with them!

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Olderama »

codedog wrote:
Olderama wrote:i have a case available but would it be worth the expense
The expense? By that I assume you mean shipping? Sorry, I couldn't tell where you're based either.
im in wellington :thumbup:

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

HackSaw wrote:
codedog wrote:

The Tribute Plus most definitely comes with a case. I would certainly follow that up with them!
Their reasoning was something along the lines of "those were special deals in the early period when it first came out, but not in the later years".

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

codedog wrote:
HackSaw wrote:
codedog wrote:
Their reasoning was something along the lines of "those were special deals in the early period when it first came out, but not in the later years".
Nope call them out on that. I don't think Sweetwater stock a completely different Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ENTPBCNH

You could have bought mine. Half the price, and a case for sure!

I should add, call them out nicely. The RS dudes are pretty stand up guys, certainly the ones on here are. They just seem to have got it wrong on this occasion.
Last edited by HackSaw on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

The one JHorner linked is the one you're after, fits my Epi LP studio quite nicely.

Usually if you're buying a new guitar from the Rockshop they will give you a small discount on a suitable case/bag if it doesn't already come with one. Seems that they didn't want to suggest it in this instance, which is a shame. Mind you i've always asked for one when buying so perhaps it's only if you bring it up?

Musicworks and Musicplanet should have a similarly priced option between the two of them in shop if you're in a rush to get a hard case.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Epiphone hardshell cases are good. If it should have come with one, I would definitely persistently and politely chase them on it. Then I'd also ask for some strings and picks for my trouble.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

HackSaw wrote:
codedog wrote:
HackSaw wrote:
Nope call them out on that. I don't think Sweetwater stock a completely different Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ENTPBCNH

You could have bought mine. Half the price, and a case for sure!

I should add, call them out nicely. The RS dudes are pretty stand up guys, certainly the ones on here are. They just seem to have got it wrong on this occasion.
Yeah, they're usually quite good dudes... I am just prone to getting quite miffed rather quickly. I have bought quite a bit from Rockshop ChCh and never had any problems so far.

Just out of curiosity, why are you selling yours? I'm not even going to ask where you are and what colour it is. That would just lead to mental anguish methinks :crybaby: