All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Molly
MrDINO wrote:
This used to be blue. I had it customised then re sprayed it white. sold it to Molly who stripped it again and then I'm not sure...

Took it back to the wood and refinished it with nitro in Surf Green.
BY MrDINO
Molly wrote:
MrDINO wrote:
This used to be blue. I had it customised then re sprayed it white. sold it to Molly who stripped it again and then I'm not sure...

That’s right. Nice Strat
BY Bg
Heres my old baby :) Legend in its lunchtime - the first forum bike probably.

The world famous 'Ratty Strat'. Hand shaped from a 2 piece block of ash by myself, 2 tone nitro finish by Ash (lol), japanese strat v-neck, custom shop 54 pickups. And some application of keys, spanners, freeze spray, sanding, bouncing, cigarette burns etc... How I miss it :(

BY StratMatt
Bg wrote:Heres my old baby :) Legend in its lunchtime - the first forum bike probably.

The world famous 'Ratty Strat'. Hand shaped from a 2 piece block of ash by myself, 2 tone nitro finish by Ash (lol), japanese strat v-neck, custom shop 54 pickups. And some application of keys, spanners, freeze spray, sanding, bouncing, cigarette burns etc... How I miss it :(

Looks awesome that. Makes me want to finish my strat that I started. Have a 1 piece body of ash that I've roughly cut to shape and that's as far as I've got.
BY Molly
MrDINO wrote:
Molly wrote:
MrDINO wrote:

That’s right. Nice Strat

Found a couple of pics:

BY MrDINO
Molly wrote:
MrDINO wrote:
Molly wrote:

That’s right. Nice Strat

Found a couple of pics:

What a good job Brian. Great colour. I remember talking to Kerry about that gat .Apparently a punter came into his shop, took it off the wall and dropped it. I can’t believe how these Strats differ in tone. The one I bought off you sounds way different to the 65.
BY Molly
MrDINO wrote:What a good job Brian. Great colour. I remember talking to Kerry about that gat .Apparently a punter came into his shop, took it off the wall and dropped it. I can’t believe how these Strats differ in tone. The one I bought off you sounds way different to the 65.

Cheers. I sold that one too cheap :-(
BY SimonHirst
Put the new pickguards on a few days ago and just picked it up from having a setup from Keith Mac :thumbup:
So stoked!
Attachments
E2CD93CE-4274-4E99-B132-BDF1389EE306.jpeg
E2CD93CE-4274-4E99-B132-BDF1389EE306.jpeg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 234 times
BY codedog
SimonHirst wrote:Put the new pickguards on a few days ago and just picked it up from having a setup from Keith Mac :thumbup:
So stoked!

Looks great! Did you get yours from Stratosphere?
BY SimonHirst
codedog wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:Put the new pickguards on a few days ago and just picked it up from having a setup from Keith Mac :thumbup:
So stoked!

Cheers! Yes indeed :thumbup:
BY codedog
SimonHirst wrote:
codedog wrote:
So stoked!

I got a cheapie from Ali (or was it fleabay?) but, as you can see above, it's very red. Yours is nice and brown. I just checked at Stratosphere and it quoted shipping price of $48! Yikes!!!
BY SimonHirst
codedog wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:
codedog wrote:

I got a cheapie from Ali (or was it fleabay?) but, as you can see above, it's very red. Yours is nice and brown. I just checked at Stratosphere and it quoted shipping price of $48! Yikes!!!

Mine is probably a bit redder than this photo shows, but I’m happy I went with the brown tortoise. Yeah, a bit pricey but they got here in some kind of record time, and their parts were highly recommended to me so I felt it justified :thumbup:
BY BMW-KTM
Despite being an old and fuzzy picture, these are still the Strats I have.
I will have to take a newer shot of the Three Amigos.
Several things have changed since this picture was taken.
I no longer have the Rivera.
I no longer have the California pedal.
The guitar on the right is now equipped with "Zebra" coloured pickups and a 3 knob scratch-plate.

As you can see, I have one of each:
SSS, HSS, HSH