All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY KNNZ
#827587
man this thread is fire!! Codedog time for you to post yours!!! haven't got a pic of my blackie yet but will put up when i take some decent shots. was thinking of repainting my blackie to surf green but then it wont be a ...
:crazy:
User avatar
BY KNNZ
#827588
StratMatt wrote:Very nice. I don't have much of a pic of mine at the moment. I've got it in pieces upgrading the wiring right now. Here's a pic I took after I put a gold Wilkinson bridge in. I want to change to all gold hardware and chuck a mint green or vintage cream pickguard on. Anyone got any lying around?

Image


Matt do you still have this?? this thing is hawt :thumbup:
User avatar
BY codedog
#827590
KNNZ wrote:
StratMatt wrote:Very nice. I don't have much of a pic of mine at the moment. I've got it in pieces upgrading the wiring right now. Here's a pic I took after I put a gold Wilkinson bridge in. I want to change to all gold hardware and chuck a mint green or vintage cream pickguard on. Anyone got any lying around?

Image


Matt do you still have this?? this thing is hawt :thumbup:


No, he doesn't have that one anymore...
User avatar
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
#827593
My #1 is a 1990, just recently had it's first refret by GrantB. Swapped the neck pickup pretty early on for a Kent Armstrong, it's a lovely guitar and apart from the neck position it has it's own voice; it doesn't really sound much like a Strat :?

Image

Don't know a lot about my other Strat, picked up the body simply because I liked the look of it. It's not a Fender although the pickups are Fender USA's. I replaced the neck with a John Mayer Custom Shop neck - raw / unfinished at the back with rosewood fingerboard, 6150 fretwire and gold / pearloid tuners :)

Image
User avatar
BY Slowy
#827605
IMG_2447.JPG
Attachment-1(2).jpeg


40th Anniversary 1954.
Just back from a Grantb refret. It plays superbly but I think it needs to go up a string size. (You were right Sir!)
Never an aspirational guitar, it just provided the answer to most of my 'which guitar' questions over the years; as all the natural wear shows. A real swiss army knife instrument.

Thanks Grant. I'm especially pleased the fretboard came back just the same.

Memorable exchange:
Grantb, "I managed to leave most of the crud when I replaced the frets."
Slowy, " I thought the board was pretty clean."
Grantb, "I disagree."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
User avatar
BY SimonHirst
#827609
Couple shots of mine! 1993 Standard which appears far tidier in this photo than in reality.
Image

And an early 2000's Fender XII, complete with duct tape holding the controls in place because I always seem to hit them somehow... First tone knob is actually a 5-way rotary-type selector too which is interesting.
Image
Image
User avatar
BY SimonHirst
#827616
KNNZ wrote:Great to revive this thread! Looking good! Love the duct tape too haha


Haha, yeah, it serves its purpose well, but it's need doesn't speak much for my technique I must assume!
User avatar
BY GrantB
#827808
Voxshall wrote:Image


Looks like my JM body!

Image

Strat shot for legitimacy - my since gone '63.

Image
User avatar
BY GrantB
#827817
Voxshall wrote:That jazzmaster looks great Grant

Cheers - 1963, all original. Man it sounds the biz.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 8