Show us your Telecasters

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 276 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by calling card »

Made my own one seven years ago, body chainsawed out of the log it's resting against. This was posted many moons ago. Don't appear to have any recent pics.
Rio Grande P90 bridge PU, bit of a hybrid homebuilt bridge. It's all made from junk, complete with Levis jeans buttons for strap hooks. The wood appearance is caused by lying around in a log for 5 years in the weather, ripe.
Special blend of food colouring yellow/amber dye with a splash of bourbon. Brush on water based clear acrylic. Neck came out of one of my dumb guitar purchases, been a useful source of parts though.
Forever tuned to G.

2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by MrDINO »

Does this mean the heat has been removed from the Duesenberg watsamacallit

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1011 times

Post by bender »

Radian Feathercaster. The body is made of Paulownia and weighs 2/5ths of fuckall. Awesome guitar to gig with. The neck pickup is a strat-style coil and a wider/shorter coil (a little like a Jazzmaster pickup) and the pickup switching is just like a strat. Such an unassuming and excellent guitar- despite trying any number of other awesome guitars, it's ended up on every single session I've done since I got it, apart from one that needed Gretsch smeared all over it. I'll probably get a WRHB replacement from Lollar or Jess Louriero to try as the neck pickup at some point soon, mainly because I love the originals (and hate the modern Fender reissues).

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Loved that one Ben, glad you still have it to balance up those other smelly old things. Dibs (again) if you ever sell it (again).
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

Had this one for a bit:

Now, I have this one:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2487 times

Post by Slowy »

Korinacaster. Polarising guitar; folks either adore it or detest it. (Conway? :wave: )
Black Benny. Delinquent problem child. Absolutely stunning for open tuned Led Zep flavours.
teles.jpeg
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1359 times
Been liked: 2098 times

Post by GrantB »

This is a great Tele - soon to be listed FS to add to my war chest.

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

bender wrote:Image
My mate has the twin of this guitar, in natural finish. Same pup specs etc, such a wonderfully playable guitar.
Adrian knew about getting a good feeling Tele.

Radian Feathercaster. The body is made of Paulownia and weighs 2/5ths of fuckall. Awesome guitar to gig with. The neck pickup is a strat-style coil and a wider/shorter coil (a little like a Jazzmaster pickup) and the pickup switching is just like a strat. Such an unassuming and excellent guitar- despite trying any number of other awesome guitars, it's ended up on every single session I've done since I got it, apart from one that needed Gretsch smeared all over it. I'll probably get a WRHB replacement from Lollar or Jess Louriero to try as the neck pickup at some point soon, mainly because I love the originals (and hate the modern Fender reissues).
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 655 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

Fender Hotrod '52 Tele

Seymour Duncan Firebird pickup in the neck, Dimarzio Area T Hot in the Bridge, 500k pots.
Super light, super resonant, ash body, baseball bat neck, modern radius, jumbo frets, ashtray bridge, an absolutely magnificent player.

Had a bit of faffing about with pickups and pots. Comes stock with 375k pots and a single coil bridge but never quite balanced with the neck pup – too biting on the bridge, too dull on the neck although it was closer matched than I expected. Tried an SD Jerry Donahue in the bridge (too dark), tried a Rio Grande Tallboy set (too much twang and not enough snarl). Tried resistor to make single coil see 250k with the neck seeing 500k which was pretty effective. Overall though, the Area T Hot I put in there is perfect – enough beef and twang as well as being noiseless. Mixes beautifully with the Firebird neck pup too.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

Slowy wrote:Korinacaster. Polarising guitar; folks either adore it or detest it. (Conway? :wave: )
I just had trouble getting my hands around your big fat neck! :twisted:

The black one was a pretty good player though. :)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

_sigh_ ok, I'm in....

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

TmcB wrote:Image

Fender Hotrod '52 Tele
I think that one that came from Roger the Panama tax dodger???

philly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by philly »

CS 67 Reissue
“Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

There's a tele somewhere out there for me, just haven't seen it yet. Ed's has come the closest to what I'd like I think.
Loving it so far

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

A Tele I don't own anymore, but a Korean pro tone Tele. I added a mini HB and a Torres Varitone switch. Very cool Tele.
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius