All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Reg18
kdawg2a wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I feel like I wanna put a filtertron in the neck of my tele.... anyone else done this?

Mini hum. Sounds ace. Just look at Regs guitar.

Yeah contiplating getting another Seymour Duncan mini
For my Tele middle position which means I might have my GFS mini for sale at a good price. I think the GFS is a bit bassy/muddy but it's not too bad.
BY Sanctuary
Need to post a pic of my evil Model 7.
BY HackSaw
jeremyb wrote:I feel like I wanna put a filtertron in the neck of my tele.... anyone else done this?

Tv jones in the neck of mine, can't recall which one. Does not sound pants, sounds fucking grand!
BY Conway

Didn't you have a Cabronita already JB???
BY jeremyb
Conway wrote:

HA! Yeah, played some more with the neck pickup on my tele yesterday and decided to keep it as is, with the 4 way switching kit from obsidian wire it's really cool :)
BY Conway
jeremyb wrote:
Conway wrote:

HA! Yeah, played some more with the neck pickup on my tele yesterday and decided to keep it as is, with the 4 way switching kit from obsidian wire it's really cool :)

That position 4 giant humbucker really adds a lot of versatility to the single coil tones - I have the same thing on my Johnny Marr Jag.
BY twangnsnarl
HackSaw wrote:

Tv jones in the neck of mine, can't recall which one. Does not sound pants, sounds fucking grand!

'Tis a TV Jones Classic.
BY jeremyb
Loving the new mexi, just a nice playing, decent sounding, do it all guitar!
BY MakoGat
Just worked my way through this thread (AGAIN) for some inspiration. I have a bunch of tele parts including a new neck, just seeking a body at this stage. Thinking this is my next build, hardtail bridge, bridge humbucker, strat neck pickup. Wanting more a desert find look, beat up, weathered (lots of hours with green scotchbrite on shiny parts) undecided on what to do with body yet as neck is maple vintage gloss for now.

This may just be a project for sale, hopefully I dont fall in love LOL
BY jeremyb
I have a mega heavy american hard ash tele body setup for two humbuckers and a gotoh bridge....
BY GrantB
I spent a lovely morning with this ole thing some time back. Sublime? Yes! Price of a new car? Yes!