All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Slowy
Jellybelly wrote:Thanks Conway for pointing us in the right direction for resizing the pics.
Anyway one of the herd. Thought I would put it up to divide all parties. Doubt there is any middle ground it is either a love it or hate it. Make it worse for the hate it crowd.... real gator skin on the pick guard :D

That's different!
Looking at it as a Relic, it's contrived and fake. Looking at it as art, it's distinctive and interesting. I'm in two minds over the thing; it's making me work hard.
Which makes it a winner! 8)

What is it Troy?
BY Jellybelly
Slowy wrote:
Jellybelly wrote:Thanks Conway for pointing us in the right direction for resizing the pics.
Anyway one of the herd. Thought I would put it up to divide all parties. Doubt there is any middle ground it is either a love it or hate it. Make it worse for the hate it crowd.... real gator skin on the pick guard :D

That's different!
Looking at it as a Relic, it's contrived and fake. Looking at it as art, it's distinctive and interesting. I'm in two minds over the thing; it's making me work hard.
Which makes it a winner! 8)

What is it Troy?

It is a Palir. Make by by John Palir of Palir Guitars in Louisiana. Definately contrived and fake. Up close it is jaw dropping.
I look at it as a art piece rather than a relic. That was the selling point for me. They do some amazing stuff.
Check out their site. I now have two. The qc and guitars themselves are killer :D
Will try and throw some pics of the the other up later in the week.
BY Slowy
Jellybelly wrote:
It is a Palir. Make by by John Palir of Palir Guitars in Louisiana. Definately contrived and fake. Up close it is jaw dropping.
I look at it as a art piece rather than a relic. That was the selling point for me. They do some amazing stuff.
Check out their site. I now have two. The qc and guitars themselves are killer :D

Troy, you need to come to the Hamilton gearfest. And you need to come in one of these. :D
lht.jpg
BY jeremyb
Joined the tele club again the other night, picked up this mexi standard on tardme, about to install an obsidian wire 4 way kit in it, she'll be a great workhorse!

BY AiRdAd
Nice one!!!
BY Jellybelly
Slowy wrote:
Jellybelly wrote:

Troy, you need to come to the Hamilton gearfest. And you need to come in one of these. :D
lht.jpg

Might need one with a trailer :lol:
In saying that if it was packed and I went I fear that the locks here might be changed before my return.
Mrs Troy is not slow :lol:
BY jeremyb
Got the 4 way switching tele kit from Obsidian Wire that Mat @ Tone Lounge makes installed, so much easier than faffing about with a soldering iron, altho' with the 4 way setup you need to solder an extra ground wire to the neck pickup but thats 2 minutes work... the rest of it was brilliantly easy with the quick connect wiring setup, he's onto a winner here!

I took the time with it all apart to shield the cavities with copper tape, and clean out some of the leftover mexican detritus, tone wise the 4th position gives a nice grunty humbucker tone, will be really useful, and the added bonus of the treble bleed on the volume pot is great for not losing your toan as you wind the volume down, win win!
BY jeremyb
Conway wrote:
jeremyb wrote: clean out some of the leftover mexican detritus

Dried up burrito? Or the green stuff?

Strange white powder, didn't give it a sniff...
BY Conway
jeremyb wrote:
Conway wrote:
jeremyb wrote: clean out some of the leftover mexican detritus

Dried up burrito? Or the green stuff?

Did Fender have outwork done in Columbia?
BY jeremyb
Conway wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Conway wrote:Dried up burrito? Or the green stuff?

You'd wonder! I'm sure it will unleash awesome toan now without the mexican marching powder!
BY Conway
jeremyb wrote:
Conway wrote:
jeremyb wrote:

You'd wonder! I'm sure it will unleash awesome toan now without the mexican marching powder!

Right, you're more shoegaze than lightning fast shredder. :wink: