Jansen guitars

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Gator Ace
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Jansen guitars

Post by Gator Ace »

Anyone seen the NEW jansen guitars -as on sale at Mussic planet greenlane _ made in Korea ? Sorry , no emoticons used in this post .

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Re: Jansen guitars

Post by Bg »

I think Simon may have....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Gator Ace
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Gator Ace »

Just searched jansen on this site. Found no result mentioning a Simon. A few posts about Douche, I mean Denche , the greedy out of touch Jansen hog. Music planet didnt know much about the "Invader" in their shop except that it was probably from Korea.
'm surprised nobody has any interest in the new jansens.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Gator Ace wrote:Just searched jansen on this site. Found no result mentioning a Simon. A few posts about Douche, I mean Denche , the greedy out of touch Jansen hog. Music planet didnt know much about the "Invader" in their shop except that it was probably from Korea.
'm surprised nobody has any interest in the new jansens.
BG talkin' bout this:

http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopi ... 34#p680534

nzsimon1 is the Jansen importer/distributor in NZ

Gator Ace
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Gator Ace »

Thanks

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

I`ve played two original Invaders and all I can say is they are utterly horrible.

I do like the beatmaster quite a bit. the new ones have only slight differences from the original.

just go and play one
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I just don't find then interesting. Yet another Asian made Fender style guitar.

nzsimon1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by nzsimon1 »

We are having them made in China by a reputable factory as close to original as possible. Using good woods and custom pickups
The manufacturing is being overseen by Alan Entwistle who used to work for us in the 70's and came to us from Burns in the UK . He now makes custom pickups under his own name. We had a few guitarists try them out and give us their opinion before going ahead with the exercise. For the price they are very good and are selling well worldwide

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

bbrunskill wrote:I just don't find then interesting. Yet another Asian made Fender style guitar.
while they are a "low cost factory guitar" they do have some points of interest.

I cant think of another instrument that mates the fender shape and single coil pickups with a gibson scale length. They also have switching that goes outside the fender norms. I also don't think the pickups are strictly speaking a "Fender copy".
I haven't seen the new ones yet but Ill certainly check them out ,if for no other reason, because they speak to a particular piece of New Zealand heritage.

My only real dislike of the original Invader was the tremolo...but given the renewed interest in bigsby and non-strat style fender trems maybe there will be fans out there.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

I say good luck, Simon. It's resurrecting a Kiwi icon. I've owned several Jansen instruments.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1002 times
Been liked: 2463 times

Post by Slowy »

I've had a brief unplugged play on the tele shaped one (Beatmaster?) First impression was a nice looking, well made instrument that felt good under the fingers.
Should not be rejected out of hand.
See what I did there?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Gator Ace
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Gator Ace »

I didnt play the Invader I saw at MP for fear of being underwhelmed. The neck looked fatter than the Invaders i remembered ( Ive had 9 Invaders, 1 Beatmaster and still have 2 Jazz masters), but, strangely to me, the neck had binding down the edge. Aesthetically, they dont look like the real thing, especially with cheap telecaster knobs. I guess this is the "up-dated" made to a (low) price point version. Still, for all I know they could be a fantastic play and sound ...

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 356 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Denche has totally denched all Jansens for me,
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

Good point. It's almost as though Dennis is actively trying to destroy Jansen's reputation.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

nzsimon1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by nzsimon1 »

Just organised another 12 to Australia really pleased with how this is panning out. Many years ago the Surfari's did a song called Wipeout. The band did the song on a Jansen guitar which is now in the Hard Rock café in New Orleans. Anyway the band is still going so we sent the guitar player a New Jansen Invader and he is very happy with it.