PRS limited John Mayer run

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

dylan
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: PRS limited John Mayer run

Post by dylan »

Thanks jimi appreciate it, i allways feel like if i could just get 10% better id be adequate. I want to sound like Andy Timmons (mostly tasteful with occasional chops) but feel like all i do is widdle. As with most guitar players, i just want my fingers to let out the sounds in my head. But the sounds in my head dont tell me what frett to play.

back to OT, JM needs to play bigger guitars like sheratons - prs'es look like banjos when he plays them.
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2263 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

can I just mention his stand up comedy period? So yeah he's fucked up at least once.
As you were.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

dylan wrote:
But with JM we have a person whos tall, considered great looking by women, has plowed his way though most of the worlds hottest actresses, made himself into a popstar, then made himself into a guitar hero, all without any major fuckups of scandalls.

its just impossible - hes an alien :mrgreen:

Dude...
1) Total womaniser - break up with Taylor Swift so bad she wrote "Dear John" about him
2) Massive egomaniac
3) Said he wished he could like black women but "my dick is like a white supremacist"
4) Used the word "nigger" in an interview with Playboy.

He's definitely got his demons, he's just lucky they're not drugs or alcohol.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

5) His stand up comedy shite...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

if its ok for snoop dog to say, its ok for John Mayer.

Now i have to add "brave enough to be publicly un PC" to his list of qualities :sick:
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

this isn't 1990 - words like Nigger and all variations of G.ay (not samick) are super PC now..

I think JM just has a case of "words came out before my head said stop"

I own a JM Fender Strat - BEST strat I've played ever.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

It isn't 1890 either, we no longer burn witches. Happy to see both Wachowski brothers are now sisters :) And that g-ay people are happily accepted into society. The reason for the word filter was to show how ridiculous labelling something lame as being 'gay'. No offence to people who are lame, I have a cat with 3 legs.

TBH after being on this planet for over half a century, I feel bemused at younger persons who don't accept peoples differences. Perhaps its because I'm old. So yes, I have no time for racism or sexism or homophobia on this forum. I also don't accept anti-sematism or anti-xtianism. or anti-religionism.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote:It isn't 1890 either, we no longer burn witches. Happy to see both Wachowski brothers are now sisters :) And that g-ay people are happily accepted into society. The reason for the word filter was to show how ridiculous labelling something lame as being 'samick'. No offence to people who are lame, I have a cat with 3 legs.

TBH after being on this planet for over half a century, I feel bemused at younger persons who don't accept peoples differences. Perhaps its because I'm old. So yes, I have no time for racism or sexism or homophobia on this forum. I also don't accept anti-sematism or anti-xtianism. or anti-religionism.
Love your work BG.

This is the best I have ever seen it summed up:

Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I still like big tits though :)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

jimi wrote:
dylan wrote:I played squires and epi's from 1985 to 2010, and during those 25 years never really got good at lead guitar.
Mate, I remember jamming with you in '07-'08. Your "Never really got good" lead guitar was awesome back then.
I have many memories of Dylan's blistering lead playing. To make such a comment I can only suggest that he'd fallen asleep while his fingers kept moving.
Mate, you know it's true! You're the only person I ever met who could do that. :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

John Mayer had a short run (maybe 2 or 3?) episodes on VH1 about 8 or so years back called John Mayer Has a TV Show or something similar. You may hate his standup, but I LOL'd at that show...check it out. There's this bit where he pulls in some chicks from the audience for a 'focus group' on his new tune, killed me, especially when he asks them to tell him which part of the song moves them to tears, and he's standing by with a box of tissues. Or the bit where he's arguing about what to pay a bongo player 'so, pro bono, Pro bongo?'. Bloody funny

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote:I still like big tits though :)
You're only human
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

null_pointer wrote:John Mayer had a short run (maybe 2 or 3?) episodes on VH1 about 8 or so years back called John Mayer Has a TV Show
:thumbup:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXUi93hbPq8[/youtube]

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

guitar looks cool. I may have to wait for the SE though. I like the switches they remind me of the olden days when PRS has the sweet switch.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 653 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

It's a pity that both clips on the PRS page just don't sound that good . . . I think it may be the preamp, but it has sort of an extended high end that doesn't sound great to me . . .