All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Conway
And the single coil noiseless system is very good.
BY telefiend
Chrome does scream 'cheap' doesn't it? Too damn shiny.
BY slash-ed
Haha are we seriously nitpicking at chrome hardware, perhaps the most common hardware finish of all time?

I honestly couldn't tell you whether my Suhr Modern has chrome or nickel or cosmo black or whatever hardware... because I've never bothered to look. Every other aspect of it is so fantastic that it has never mattered.
BY telefiend
slash-ed wrote:Haha are we seriously nitpicking at chrome hardware, perhaps the most common hardware finish of all time?

I honestly couldn't tell you whether my Suhr Modern has chrome or nickel or cosmo black or whatever hardware... because I've never bothered to look. Every other aspect of it is so fantastic that it has never mattered.

To be fair, I object to chrome on everything. Maybe I'm just weird.
BY Molly
slash-ed wrote:Haha are we seriously nitpicking at chrome hardware, perhaps the most common hardware finish of all time?

Just a personal opinion based on the one I (we) had.

On my motorbikes I always liked polished stainless over chrome. Similarly, I prefer nickel over chrome. Even on small parts like strap buttons. It's a detail I notice. No biggie in the grand scheme of things of course.
BY slash-ed
Molly wrote:

Just a personal opinion based on the one I (we) had.

On my motorbikes I always liked polished stainless over chrome. Similarly, I prefer nickel over chrome. Even on small parts like strap buttons. It's a detail I notice. No biggie in the grand scheme of things of course.

Wonder if it's to do with matching the hardware choices - don't think I've seen a Gotoh trem in nickel and Suhr use them a lot.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
slash-ed wrote:Play one, you'll get into it.

Probably would do if I ever saw one in a shop. Where do most people purchase them from?
BY slash-ed
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

Probably would do if I ever saw one in a shop. Where do most people purchase them from?

There's no Suhr dealer here so your options are second hand via the various available avenues or buying new/second hand from overseas...
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

nzguitars.com ;-)
BY Clanger
Suhr owners, what does the contoured heel feel like when your up on the high frets? Compared to say, the big unbeveled heel of a conventional Strat? Can you still feel it on your palm, or is it relatively full access?

I hate feeling anything there, when up in the shwiddle-diddle zone.
BY Single coil
Clanger wrote:I hate feeling anything there, when up in the shwiddle-diddle zone.

Oh my.