All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY null_pointer
This is good stuff. Every time I decide to accumulate and buy one, I'll get to $2-3k in the fund then something shiny pops up and I deplete and have to start again. I just need to tough it out to the $4k mark and make it happen...
BY Molly
I've been offered a very nice CS 1960 Relic in Olympic White. Bloody tempted but did wonder if my next guitar should have P90s. And I do already have an excellent EJ Strat. Hmmm.

BY Bg
get the strat, most of that damage will buff out nicely :)
BY olegmcnoleg
Molly wrote:I've been offered a very nice CS 1960 Relic in Olympic White. Bloody tempted but did wonder if my next guitar should have P90s. And I do already have an excellent EJ Strat. Hmmm.

S'purdy...how much?

If you are keen on the P90s, there's a really nice, black, 3xP90 PRS on TM just now

:thumbup:
BY JHorner
Bg wrote:get the strat, most of that damage will buff out nicely :)

I'm sure Molly could easily paint it blue.
BY casemysta
JHorner wrote:
Bg wrote:get the strat, most of that damage will buff out nicely :)

I'm sure Molly could easily paint it blue.

pics....
BY MrDINO
Most brands seem to have their own inherent DNA. I've played my mates Suhr custom classic and it sounds way different to my CS Strat. Whether it's that particular one I don't know as it's the only Suhr I've played...awesome gat.
BY Clanger
I'm gassing for the Suhr Classic Pro, or Antique (Olympic White, Rosewood board, HSS). Quite nicely priced compared to the Fender stuff.

I wasn't concerned about the headstock either, until I read all the hate on here :lol:
BY KNNZ
I have no issues with the headstock, actually prefer it over the fender strat headstock
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
One brand for whatever reason I just can't get into.

From the wife's perspective that's probably not a bad thing though :-)
BY slash-ed
Play one, you'll get into it.
BY Zaulkin
Yep, they play like butter. Amazing quality.

The classic pro sounds a bit less jangly than a fender, bit of a more smooth sound.
BY Conway
slash-ed wrote:Play one, you'll get into it.

This is very true. The necks in particular put Fender to shame.
BY Molly
One nice finishing touch would be if they'd replace the chrome parts with nickel. The tuners especially look crap. But, yes, they are indeed well finished.