Favourite music

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

What type of music do you listen to?

Blues/Jazz
13%
Classic Rock
25%
Soft Rock
No votes
Hard Rock
38%
Heavy Metal/Nu Metal
13%
Country/Western
4%
Rap [please don't choose this option :D]
8%

Total votes: 24

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Tsuken »

indie wrote:
Tsuken wrote:Nothing wrong with britney .... well ok, there is. Lots. But I like 3 or 4 songs, and one of them even has some slightly cool guitar in it. :P I was amazed when I heard that the first time - "Guitar? and Britney? Surely they don't go together?" :lol:
Have you heard Travis' cover of Britney Spears' "Hit Me Baby One More Time"? They used to play it live and I think they even included it on a b-side somewhere. Bloody good rendition really... A helluva lot better than the original in any case...
What about the parody? - "Make my Boobies One More Size" :lol: Absolutely hilarious. 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

stark
Squier

Post by stark »

britney :roll: who wouldn't? she's a great entertainer, but i can't get into her music. kylie has more class (and i like that) and even shakira plays guitar :D
anyone into pink's "misundaztood"? there's some kickin tracks on that album. i like that she doesn't take herself too seriously.
anyone like beth orton's "stolen car"? (with ben on slide)
this one's special, this is the ultimate, after this i'll never need another amp, EVER...Image
starkAM

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Pink's actually not bad. A fairly angry young woman, but some of the songs are pretty good. I like some of Kylie's stuff, but only 2 tracks of each of the last two records (unless she's released another one recently, in which case I mean the two before that :P )
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

goldtop0
Squier
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by goldtop0 »

This is a good poll to run as there's only one choice you can make, as it turns out,so your 1st choice is your bent.
Good call buddy. :D
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

indie wrote:
offender wrote: You're always going to get whingers on the fringes :)
Indeed you are :D . And I was going to ask where the indie section was :lol:
Here here. There has to be a valid tick-box for all us dirty jeans/shaggy-haired/Chuck Taylor types.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

MaloS
Stagg
Stagg

Post by MaloS »

well...i assume i am the least music-tolerant person here.

listen to progressive metal, black metal, classical guitars music, and new age classical (would u guess that even exists? Winds)

dream theater, liquid tension experiment, arcturus...

what type of music is Rush considered?

goldtop0
Squier
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by goldtop0 »

Anything with good melody good beat good feel and good guitar.
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

Richy11
If your 555, then I'm 666

Post by Richy11 »

There was know progressive rock in there so I ticked hard rock. I sure as hell wasn't going to tick metal seeing you had put Nu-Mental in with it. I mean Slayer(metal) dosn't go with Linkin Park(Nu-Mental).
One has telent and the other has a record company telling us there talented.

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

Richy11 wrote:There was know progressive rock in there so I ticked hard rock. I sure as hell wasn't going to tick metal seeing you had put Nu-Mental in with it. I mean Slayer(metal) dosn't go with Linkin Park(Nu-Mental).
One has telent and the other has a record company telling us there talented.
good point... ;)

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Anyone else like Cajun - not the Clifton Chenier Zydeco but the older 30's to 60's stuff (what used to be called Cajun stomping music) - cannot recall the names but there was a cd called 'Fais do do' which had a selection of groups with their trad songs/dances such as 'joli blon', 'allons a la gran batteau', 'polka de Accadie' etc.
You can't do THAT on stage!

[Q]werty?
Stagg
Stagg

Post by [Q]werty? »

personally i am in the thick of the garage rock and revivlists... the datsuns, the darkness, the strokes, the d4, kings of leon, the von bondies, jet no so much but yeah, the white stripes... but also i love the calssics i love led zep.. but who dosent, ac/dc deep purple,
---=====----
[Q]werty?